MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is unofficial of course, but I just got off the phone with BMW Of Nashville, the MINI dealer here, and he says they think they will start taking pre-spec orders for the Cooper S around July with a month turnaround for shipping + production. That is totally in line with everything they have told me, expecting S's to arrive in Nashville sometime around Sept/Aug.

They do NOT have a building for the MINI's yet, which might be why they are behind everyone else from what I've read.

That gives me 6 more months to raise $$$ and change my mind about the color I want. :) Sure wish Velvet Red came as an option....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: What about Demos?

The Ultimate Driver said:
When are they expecting the Cooper and CooperS demos?
It's obvious they're here (US Shores).

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4289
:) MINI of Nashville thinks 1st cars will arrive sometime in April according to salesperson via telephone. Coopers but not the S.I'm over #50 on the waiting list and I think the chances of getting an S before Nov-Dec or this year at all will be slim for me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my conversations with salesmen there, it is expected that about half the people on the waiting list want S's - but since there is going to be such a long wait for them, many people are expected to breakdown and buy Coopers. If so, that will help bring us down on the list a good bit, but you are right - it's gonna be a while.

Of course, we should find out something new when they get back from the dealer meeting early next month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
According to a recent conversation, MINI of Nashville will not be open for business until around June.

It will be interesting to see what this does to the waiting list, since some people may be on more than one. I am about halfway between Atlanta and Nashville, so could have gone either way. I chose Nashville for several reasons, but primarily because of their promise of not selling above MSRP.

Has anyone discussed the topic of dealer add-ons (paint sealant and the like) with this dealer?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Latest issue of the Nashville Scene had a story about MINI of Nashville and stated the store is expected to be open in July. This is secondhand info from my brother, I didn't read the story myself yet.

I did however drive by this evening and not only has ground been broken but it looks like the exterior walls are starting to go up allready.

Kind of a bummer as I just sent part of what was gonna be my downpayment in to pay my taxes. Uncle Sam not only wanted his payment for 2001 but I was informed I must start paying quarterlies for 2002, and had to hit my savings account to cover the check.

Just hope the market is up come time to buy the car, I'll probably be selling some mutual funds to pay for it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first MINI Cooper for sale in Nashville, that I am aware of anyway, has been spotted!

I forgot the name of the dealership, it's on Franklin Rd outside Brentwood just before Mallory Lane, next to the Sonic.

Silver with black roof and sunroof, leather seats, MFSW, and driving lights (the ones in the bumper.)

I work in Brentwood and coworkers have been telling me they had seen a MINI in town but I didn't believe them, finally got the info as to where it was and went out and looked at it tonight after work. Will try and get down there this week for a test-drive.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got word today, MINI of Nashville is now taking orders from those low on their list.... orders have to be in by May 15th.

Looks like initial deliveries sometime in July!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts