MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone know where I can get any more information on the body kit in the picture below. I know a lot of people out there will hate it but i personally love it and its really pulling at the boy racer part of me.

Any help will be much appreciated as I have searched the internet Hi and lo for it.

ps thanks to whoever took this picture at the Essen show.:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
BMW produce their own body kit, has anyone considered that?
It was shown on the review AutoCar did in their test of the JC works Cooper.

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
pics?

AER said:
BMW produce their own body kit, has anyone considered that?
It was shown on the review AutoCar did in their test of the JC works Cooper.
Any pics?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The Hamann kit looks really good but I would order the BMW bodykit(I Hate calling it that). Does anyone know if the BMW kit is covered by the warranty :confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Can the BMW kit be ordered as a factory option?
I know many cars have hidden options available that do not get printed in the brochures so it takes an in-tune dealer to know how to get them. Are there any options like this for the MINI?

Finding obscure factory-installed options may be a way to get unusual MINIs in to the USA.
Keith

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I don't think it is available from the factory, I think it is dealer fit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Monsta for the info.

Personally I'm not that keen on the BMW bodykit but each to their own

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
I tried to have the BMW kit fitted at the factory before I got my car and BMW said this would be okay, but the next time I went to see my dealer he told me that BMW had changed their mind and I couldn't have it fitted at the factory.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well done with the pics, I must admit, I now like the combination of std black arch's with bodycoloured front and rear valances and side mouldings. I imagine it will be a dealer fit only.
Looks good

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Re: origional subject

daxler said:
going back to the start of this thread i had a look on the harmann site http://www.harmann-motorsport.de and the body kit is not the same as the pic sorry monsta.

If anyone has any info you know where to post it.
You're right! On closer inspection, the one in the picture appears to be the bmw kit with the arches painted body colour..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Re: origional subject

monsta said:

You're right! On closer inspection, the one in the picture appears to be the bmw kit with the arches painted body colour..
Hi Daxler,

I have spoken to those guys from apex (they made the suspension of the silver mini), it is definitely the bmw body kit completely coloured and it looks great!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big thanks to Mini-Fan and Monsta i can't believe I didn't spot it, but it looks so much better in the body colour.

One last favour to ask you all out there.. Any idea who can do this sort of work or is it a question of going down to your local bodyshop and asking

once again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
It aint an easy job getting the arches painted & takes a lot of time & effort. Ask the BMW bodyshop :)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
smiffy said:
It aint an easy job getting the arches painted & takes a lot of time & effort. Ask the BMW bodyshop :)
Also, I would think that being plastic (flexible) and prone to taking abuse, you'd be forever trying to touch up chipped paint.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Cooper S body styling

Is the Cooper S body styling (i.e. the black bits on the door stoppy thingmys) the same shape as the BMW "aerodynamic" kit? Its hard to see on the pictures of the S but near the back wheel arch of the BMW "aerodynamic" kit there seems to be (what looks like) a small vent or brake cooling kind of thing (whether its functional or not I doubt very much). Does the black plastic kit on the S have this little bit as well? I was thinking that it might look a lot better if it was painted the same colour (i.e. a post sale spray job), but if it's just plain, flattish plastic, it may not look as good as the BMW "aerodynamic" kit.

Just wondering!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts