MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recieved from a friend of mine, who lives in England, a MINI One/MINI Cooper sales brochure. This is a plastic covered, spiral bound, 1 inch thick masterpiece. I hope MINIUSA issues one like this to us. This brochure may be old news to many but here in the states, RARE. To paraphrase ol' Ed McMahn "EVERYTHING You want to know about the MINI is in this book". It is just great and I feel fortunate to now have one. :D :D :D

Mike

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
mike said:
I have just recieved from a friend of mine, who lives in England, a MINI One/MINI Cooper sales brochure. This is a plastic covered, spiral bound, 1 inch thick masterpiece. I hope MINIUSA issues one like this to us. This brochure may be old news to many but here in the states, RARE. To paraphrase ol' Ed McMahn "EVERYTHING You want to know about the MINI is in this book". It is just great and I feel fortunate to now have one. :D :D :D

Mike

If this is the one I've got (UK one from my "friendly" Brisbane dealer) it is good. But mine's only about half an inch thick, Most of the Interior shots are from around Sydney Austrlalia, Nice Red Cooper with 17" S-spokes and a Silk Green ONE. if your's is the same one.

Not prone to exageration on size are you mike ???

:D :D :D

There is a gallery somewhere with some really good scans of a USA brochure. If I can find it, i'll come back and stick a link here unless someone beats me to it.

cheers

(Here it is. In S_mott's personal gallery. They are really good scans, and well worth a look:

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/index.php?gallery=S_mott

:)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think it might be the brochure from the launch of the car here in the UK :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
It was the pictures of the red and white one in Oz that made me decide to get a MINI. It looks so hot - are those pictures on the site anywhere? I want them fo my desktop!:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
There lots of photos on the site from members etc just take a look the choice is endless :)

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basil, you are correct. The brochure is only 1/2" thick. I hope you understand how it is, you get excited and things just look bigger than they really are. I do not know if this is an early book, it has the pictures from Australia and the LEO and ED section. Early or not, it is still excellent and better than just the Book of Motoring I have recieved so far.
Hopefully in May
Mike:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
mike said:
Basil, you are correct. The brochure is only 1/2" thick. I hope you understand how it is, you get excited and things just look bigger than they really are. I do not know if this is an early book, it has the pictures from Australia and the LEO and ED section. Early or not, it is still excellent and better than just the Book of Motoring I have recieved so far.
Hopefully in May
Mike:D :D :D

Ha Ha, Good on you Mike, yes I know how it is !!!.

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Message to all non-UK people

Hi
I'm one of those nutters who collects car brochures !
If you are a Non-UK viewer who would like to swap brochures or are willing to post Non-UK brochures to me I would be very grateful !! (I will pay any postages)

Chris

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
With reference to the spiral bound brochure, has anyone noticed that in the sectoin featuring the green Cooper the black finishing strip below the bumper has been re-touched in green ? Just a small observation !
It's a great item, what are the US brochures like ?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Message to all non-UK people

Cooperman said:
Hi
I'm one of those nutters who collects car brochures !
If you are a Non-UK viewer who would like to swap brochures or are willing to post Non-UK brochures to me I would be very grateful !! (I will pay any postages)

Chris
As soon as Australia get's some brochures of their own I'd be happy to get two copies and send one on to you. Forget about the postage cost, lifes too short!!.

There is an Australian spec brochure out now for the Cooper, but it's really not worth worrying about as the only australian content is the prices. Coopers will be moving out of showrooms around the 3/4th of March, so there should be some better brochures around then. And the S stuff should be avilable VERY shortly.

Keep reminding me cooperman.....or send me an e-mail with your address and i'll send the burglars round....I mean I'll keep your e-mail to remind me.

cheers

[email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
American owners/viewers

Hi
I'm still looking for a copy of the 'Driving' brochure/leaflet that was given away in the States - Can anyone help ??

Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
You say tomato....... :))

Yes that sounds like the one I'm after!

Do you have a spare one?
Would you like a UK brochure ?

Swap ?

Chris - all excited !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts