MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
After driving 80 miles earier my mini as started buzzing. It wouldnt worry me too much but it happens when the car is stopped turned off and locked? It also doesw it when the key is in and the car is on?
Ive left it for over an hour now but its still buzzing. Its coming from under the bonnet.
Any ideas?

Ryan

·
Registered
195 Posts
its still buzzing after an hour......thats wierd, id get it checked out! sometimes they'll buzz for a few minutes on a hot day to cool the car down once its stopped, but thats like a whirring sound... sorry thats no help lol but id get it looked at....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its still buzzing after an hour......thats wierd, id get it checked out! sometimes they'll buzz for a few minutes on a hot day to cool the car down once its stopped, but thats like a whirring sound... sorry thats no help lol but id get it looked at....
Whatever it is makes my battery go flat! Was 1am this morning when the car alarm went off but couldnt stop it as none of the fobs worked!

Called the recovery out this morning who charged the battery and said it could be the fuel pump. Whatever it is is running when the car shuts down. Ive had to disconnect the battery so it stops the noise.
Taking it to garage tommorrow. Only had it 2 weeks(used car) and got a 6 month warranty with it.
Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts