MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MINI2 Lurker
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of the Brisbane guys and gals been to this? It starts today (Thursday 4/11) and goes through to Saturday in King George Square, I was wondering if it was worth a peek?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Went past it this morning.....going on later at about 1:30. There are 4 cars, 1 cool blue cabrio and 1 hot orange cabrio. It looks like a nice setup. I will take photos later on
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
I've been there. It was pretty neat. They have these guy doing ackrobatics in and over the cars. spectacular. Might have been a few little dints afterwards though :eek: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Here are some photos.....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
swamos said:
I've been there. It was pretty neat. They have these guy doing ackrobatics in and over the cars. spectacular. Might have been a few little dints afterwards though :eek: :eek:
While I was playing the slot cars.....there was a guy who said he owns a 02 MCS ..........was it you? If it wasn't....there is a twin of yours out there!
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
21Blue said:
While I was playing the slot cars.....there was a guy who said he owns a 02 MCS ..........was it you? If it wasn't....there is a twin of yours out there!
Well, it wasn't me because I didn't play slot cars :( It was too hot!!!

I'll probably be there again for a little while today too (It's not like I'm a tragic or anything, right??). :)
 

·
MINI2 Lurker
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
swamos said:
I'll probably be there again for a little while today too (It's not like I'm a tragic or anything, right??). :)
Aren't we all MINI tragic's though.....:)

I know I am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Was going to videotape the acrobats this arvo - storm got in the road and made the square too slippery. Might just get them tomorrow. Impressive sight - cross between the Italian Job and a Jackie Chan movie.
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
kenhenry said:
Was going to videotape the acrobats this arvo - storm got in the road and made the square too slippery. Might just get them tomorrow. Impressive sight - cross between the Italian Job and a Jackie Chan movie.
Don't worry if you don't get to it mate, I got it on tape at lunchtime. :) I even have some video of soopercoopersS trying for a prize :D :D
 

·
MINI2 Lurker
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
swamos said:
I even have some video of soopercoopersS trying for a prize :D :D
All those attempts, and all I have to show for it is a plastic MINI pen: the consolation prize for uncoordinated MINI tragics :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Sooper Cooper s said:
All those attempts, and all I have to show for it is a plastic MINI pen: the consolation prize for uncoordinated MINI tragics :D
Went back today and got two shows for the price of one. There was a group of young back packers watching the MINI show. At the end, they through down the gauntlet, and the challenge was on. For about 20 minutes, it was trick for trick. MINI Oz was impressed, as they got additional exposure.

BTW Sooper, Hacky Sack may just not be your thing. I through $5 into the charity jar and came away with a model MINI and the Boxed fountain Pen Set (already have the iPOD in the MINI, so no use trying for their MP3 radio.) $5 - Now that's good value :D

Sydney had the motor show, so won't be getting the same high profile 3 day public release. Melbourne on the other hand, is getting the same deal Bris did - so I encourage you to go along and try the MINI slot cars and spend a few dollars for charity and maybe win a prize or 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
kenhenry said:
Went back today and got two shows for the price of one. There was a group of young back packers watching the MINI show. At the end, they through down the gauntlet, and the challenge was on. For about 20 minutes, it was trick for trick. MINI Oz was impressed, as they got additional exposure.

BTW Sooper, Hacky Sack may just not be your thing. I through $5 into the charity jar and came away with a model MINI and the Boxed fountain Pen Set (already have the iPOD in the MINI, so no use trying for their MP3 radio.) $5 - Now that's good value :D

Sydney had the motor show, so won't be getting the same high profile 3 day public release. Melbourne on the other hand, is getting the same deal Bris did - so I encourage you to go along and try the MINI slot cars and spend a few dollars for charity and maybe win a prize or 2.
Model Mini and a Pen set for $5! ......I couldn't even get a Plastic Pen for $2!
 

·
Being normal is not fun!
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
So how does that charity jar work? You put in an amount and they give you a "prize" depending on how much you put in?

I'm after the MP3 Radio (if by that you mean the head unit) for my car, even though I'm getting the ICELink :p, so what would you think I'd have to put for that?
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
I have a 5 min video of it, and 10mb, 20mb, and 40mb versions. I'll try again to put the 10mb one up. All the other sizes time out. If anyone wants to host a larger file pm me :) 1 mb = everything is a smudge to quite good for the 40mb version :)

Shortly I'll put the 10mb version up.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top