MINI Cooper Forum banner

MINI Cabrio Experience - Brisbane

1K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Sooper Cooper s 
#1 ·
Have any of the Brisbane guys and gals been to this? It starts today (Thursday 4/11) and goes through to Saturday in King George Square, I was wondering if it was worth a peek?

Cheers

#2 ·
Went past it this morning.....going on later at about 1:30. There are 4 cars, 1 cool blue cabrio and 1 hot orange cabrio. It looks like a nice setup. I will take photos later on

#5 ·
swamos said:
I've been there. It was pretty neat. They have these guy doing ackrobatics in and over the cars. spectacular. Might have been a few little dints afterwards though :eek: :eek:
While I was playing the slot cars.....there was a guy who said he owns a 02 MCS ..........was it you? If it wasn't....there is a twin of yours out there!

#6 ·
21Blue said:
While I was playing the slot cars.....there was a guy who said he owns a 02 MCS ..........was it you? If it wasn't....there is a twin of yours out there!
Well, it wasn't me because I didn't play slot cars :( It was too hot!!!

I'll probably be there again for a little while today too (It's not like I'm a tragic or anything, right??). :)

#9 ·
kenhenry said:
Was going to videotape the acrobats this arvo - storm got in the road and made the square too slippery. Might just get them tomorrow. Impressive sight - cross between the Italian Job and a Jackie Chan movie.
Don't worry if you don't get to it mate, I got it on tape at lunchtime. :) I even have some video of soopercoopersS trying for a prize :D :D

#12 ·
Sooper Cooper s said:
All those attempts, and all I have to show for it is a plastic MINI pen: the consolation prize for uncoordinated MINI tragics :D
Went back today and got two shows for the price of one. There was a group of young back packers watching the MINI show. At the end, they through down the gauntlet, and the challenge was on. For about 20 minutes, it was trick for trick. MINI Oz was impressed, as they got additional exposure.

BTW Sooper, Hacky Sack may just not be your thing. I through $5 into the charity jar and came away with a model MINI and the Boxed fountain Pen Set (already have the iPOD in the MINI, so no use trying for their MP3 radio.) $5 - Now that's good value :D

Sydney had the motor show, so won't be getting the same high profile 3 day public release. Melbourne on the other hand, is getting the same deal Bris did - so I encourage you to go along and try the MINI slot cars and spend a few dollars for charity and maybe win a prize or 2.

#16 ·
kenhenry said:
Went back today and got two shows for the price of one. There was a group of young back packers watching the MINI show. At the end, they through down the gauntlet, and the challenge was on. For about 20 minutes, it was trick for trick. MINI Oz was impressed, as they got additional exposure.

BTW Sooper, Hacky Sack may just not be your thing. I through $5 into the charity jar and came away with a model MINI and the Boxed fountain Pen Set (already have the iPOD in the MINI, so no use trying for their MP3 radio.) $5 - Now that's good value :D

Sydney had the motor show, so won't be getting the same high profile 3 day public release. Melbourne on the other hand, is getting the same deal Bris did - so I encourage you to go along and try the MINI slot cars and spend a few dollars for charity and maybe win a prize or 2.
Model Mini and a Pen set for $5! ......I couldn't even get a Plastic Pen for $2!

#17 ·
So how does that charity jar work? You put in an amount and they give you a "prize" depending on how much you put in?

I'm after the MP3 Radio (if by that you mean the head unit) for my car, even though I'm getting the ICELink :p, so what would you think I'd have to put for that?

#18 ·
I have a 5 min video of it, and 10mb, 20mb, and 40mb versions. I'll try again to put the 10mb one up. All the other sizes time out. If anyone wants to host a larger file pm me :) 1 mb = everything is a smudge to quite good for the 40mb version :)

Shortly I'll put the 10mb version up.

#21 ·
Baker said:
So how does that charity jar work? You put in an amount and they give you a "prize" depending on how much you put in?

I'm after the MP3 Radio (if by that you mean the head unit) for my car, even though I'm getting the ICELink :p, so what would you think I'd have to put for that?
The charity jar is simply that they have a collection for a children's charity. For $1 you get 3 hacky sack balls and you try and toss them into special MINI 'baked bean' cans. If you get it in, you win the prize beside it. The MP3 radio is the furtherest away, maybe 4 metres, next closest is the boxed pen set, next the the stainless steel MINI coffe mug, and so on and so on.

$5 bought me 15 shots at the prizes - 5 bucks to the charity and 2 prizes to me. I think that's fair.

The MP3 radio is not a head unit. It's the little personal MINI branded radio you see at the dealer with the reddish wetsuit material covering and the little earphones.

Anyway, good luck with winning a prize.

#23 ·
Baker said:
Wow, thats a really good thing - I'm definatly going to do it, helps out charity, plus a chance to win some great prizes! I've always wanted a Mini mug.. just didn't want to pay the price they ask for it!
Good luck with that. When I was standing back and watching others I thought it looked so simple, I couldn't understand why these people were not just walking away with armfulls of prizes. Ken explained the concept so well, I still can't work out why I came away with only a platic MINI pen :) It's definately harder than it looks, but then again I just wanted the MINI MP3 player the prize furtherest away. Let us know how you go, I hope you walk away with what you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.