MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MINI Cabrio Launch was held at Federation Square last night (it's open to the public this Fri, Sat and Sun).

Lots of acrobatic thrills and spills, slot cars racing and a game of skill in lobbing happy sacks into some small cans to win MINI merchandise. Unfortunately by the time I tried my luck some one else had made off with most of the best prizes (see photo below of KGB).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I see that man everywhere. Last time, I saw him at DMG test driving a M3 or 1 series.

Maybe he's looking to upgrade his MCS?

:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
just got back, after OWNING the hackysack :)

total expenditure $8

total prizes: Stainless steel mug, keyring, and pen set.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yeah, yeah, that's good...

$1.00 dollar invested last night, first throw RADIO, third throw Caligraphy set (fountain per and ball point)...all with nice little MINI logos on them....

But hey, I did run away to join the circus when i was little.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Micky,

If there was s standard MCS exhaust there I wouldn't have left until I won it for you
(probabaly $1-$2 more..heheh).

By the way the radio I "won" probably sounds good in Germany where you can actually plug it into a socket to recharge it....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Terry,

Great shots (except of the bald bloke with the 'toys"), the movement in the acrobatic shots is sensational. Buy hey I did try to stand stilll...there goes the anomonomomity.

That's enough excitement for one lunchtime.

·
MINI2 Lurker
1,145 Posts
KGB said:
Yeah, yeah, that's good...

$1.00 dollar invested last night, first throw RADIO, third throw Caligraphy set (fountain per and ball point)...all with nice little MINI logos on them....

But hey, I did run away to join the circus when i was little.
ba$tard, all I could manage was a plastic pen :).........but I did like the contrast stictching on trhe cabrio.........

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I dont like Carnys!!

"Small hands, smell like cabbage"

Todd

·
2,756 Posts
I thought the cabrio was pretty cool, and all the acrobats dancing and jumping all over the car was cool as well.

Tell you what though, if I come out of my house and find any bloody kids jumping all over my MINI and doing flips and the like...... it's time for the ol' whooping stick to come out.

Funniest thing while I was there, one the promotions guys (who I can only imagine is from a marketing company) was playing around and stepped on top of one of the very exy MINI models on the ground in the hacky-sack challenge area... he smashed it to smitherines..

·
2,756 Posts
DJP said:
So did anybody actually go to see the car or are you all more interested in prizes ? :confused:
David,

Did see the car, thought it was pretty good, not my sought of thing though.

Dan

·
2,756 Posts
MickyD said:
that's right, there's not enough neon mounting points.
That's Cold..... did I just feel the cold steel of the Rice Dagger in my belly.

Besides, when I was looking at it I thought I could probably fit some neons in the rollover hoops.

Dan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts