MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Mini Goggles
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was just wondering wether people will be going to Mini challenge at Donnington on the 2nd and 3rd August.

Ive looked around and nobody seems to be mentioning it.

Also does anybody know of any meets, see I'm kinda new and wanted to get to know some people in the area. I live in the Burton/ Derby area ( practically next to donnington)

Anyway hope to hear from some people.

·
Captain Slow
4,929 Posts
I'll be at Donington for the MINI Challenge on that weekend. They were talking about an attempt to break the record for the most mini's on a racetrack. They attempted it last year. I've not seen too much publicity about it this year.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I'm hoping to get to Donnington too - one of my favourite tracks, and had a great weekend there last year watching it :cool:

·
Mini Goggles
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i heard that about the record attempt again, i did it last year and it was such a good day. But i guess we will only find out on the day.

Do you think we will be able to get infield with the cars again (only minis though)?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will be going again this year.I think they will have another crack at the world record,the organisers said they would advertise it more to beat the record,but I cant say I have seen any adverts.

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Yeah i heard that about the record attempt again, i did it last year and it was such a good day. But i guess we will only find out on the day.

Do you think we will be able to get infield with the cars again (only minis though)?
Cant imagine why you wouldnt be able to get infield its huge at Donnington. Was it MINIs only last year? I would be a bit peed off if I turned up to watch the other series and be told Minis only a ruck would ensue no doubt :)

I am doing Sunday day only its reasonably close for me if they do a parade lap then maybe if its a record attempt then probably wont have any part of it. Shame it wont be the mega day that was promised with the new series but Donny is always good for racing.

DONT FORGET ITS CASTLE COMBE THIS WEEKEND

·
Mini Goggles
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it was really good last year. the parade lap was ok but the stewards tld people to slow down. A hint would be to stay at the very very back because gaps between cars increase and you can pick a lot more speed up.

Ive looked on the website and the prices at £12.95 or around that, think its 3 more than last year.

Yeah it annoyes me that you have to have sky to watch it, it should be on those late night itv programmes at least. For the amount of money in this series compared to others it should be on tv a lot more.

·
Team VaVaVoom 2008
984 Posts
Yeah it was really good last year. the parade lap was ok but the stewards tld people to slow down. A hint would be to stay at the very very back because gaps between cars increase and you can pick a lot more speed up.

Ive looked on the website and the prices at £12.95 or around that, think its 3 more than last year.

Yeah it annoyes me that you have to have sky to watch it, it should be on those late night itv programmes at least. For the amount of money in this series compared to others it should be on tv a lot more.
It wasn't a race, it was a parade and world record attempt. Hence people going slow.

I was at Castle Combe last weekend for exactly the same, but for Evos. We were all well disciplined and kept speed below 30MPH - all 273 of us.

·
BMW CC MINI Register
100 Posts
Is there going to be a MINI parade at Donington this year? :confused:

There doesn't seem to be any mention of it now on the 'MINI Challenge' or 'Donington Park' websites. :confused:

Ian

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Timetables courtesey of the BARC The British Automobile Racing Club Limited

DAY 1 SATURDAY

QUALIFYING
09:00 09:15 RADICAL CLUB CUP
09:25 09:55 MINI CHALLENGE
10:05 10:35 RADICAL UK CUP
10:45 11:00 WESTFIELD
11:10 11:25 CLASSIC / HISTORIC SALOONS
11:35 11:50 SPORT MAXX CUP (1st DRIVER)
11:55 12:10 SPORT MAXX CUP (2nd DRIVER)
12:20 12:35 POST HISTORIC TOURING CARS
LUNCH BREAK 12:40 - 13:25
13:40 13:55 MINI MIGLIA
14:05 14:20 GROUP ONE TOURING CARS
14:30 14:45 MINI SE7EN
14:55 15:10 PRE '93 TOURING CARS
SATURDAY RACING
RACE , LAPS, APROX TIME
1 DUNLOP RADICAL CLUB CUP 20mins 15:25
2 MINI CHALLENGE 20mins 16:00
3 BARC WESTFIELD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP 20mins 16:35
4 THERMEX CLASSIC SALOON & HISTORIC TOURING CAR 15mins 17:10
5 DUNLOP RADICAL CLUB CUP 20mins 17:40

DAY 2 - SUNDAY RACING
RACE , LAPS, APROX TIME
6 MINI CHALLENGE 20mins 09:05
7 DUNLOP RADICAL UK CUP 50mins 09:40
8 IBIS PACKAGING POST HISTORIC TOURING CAR 15mins 10:45
9 BARC DUNLOP SPORT MAXX CUP 20mins 11:15
10 DUNLOP MINI MIGLIA CHAMPIONSHIP 10 11:50
11 HAMMERITE CLASSIC GROUP 1 TOURING CAR 15mins 12:25
LUNCH BREAK 12:50 - 13:35
DUNLOP PUBLIC PITLANE / GRID WALK 13:00 - 13:30

RACE , LAPS, APROX TIME
12 MINI CHALLENGE 20mins 13:50
13 DUNLOP MINI SE7EN CHAMPIONSHIP 10 14:25
14 DUNLOP RADICAL UK CUP 50mins 15:00
15 BARC DUNLOP SPORT MAXX CUP 30mins 16:05
16 TRACK & RACE CARS PRE '93 TOURING CAR 15mins 16:50

Historic Touring cars yes Not a formula ford in sight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wish I'd known about this earlier. Now got other plans for this weekend but would of loves to have gone. Donny is 5 mins from where I live too :frown:

·
Registered
47 Posts
cant wait!!! i love driving through that little tunnel to get infield. by the sounds of things ther are going to be plenty of minis there, although i spoke to gomini mag and they wont be there...we'll just have to send them in a load of pics!!!:D
if we get as many minis there as possible theyve got to let us on the track! ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts