MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mini One 1.6 manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but I thought I would let you all know about a recent we did along with two other minis.
We bought three Minis for £500 each, two are Mini Ones and the third is a Cooper, mine is the white mini, all have issues but are good runners, the trip was to drive around the coastline of the UK, about 3500-4000 miles over 10 days, starting on 9th June and finishing on 18th June, all in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital, our target is £10k.
There were two drivers to each car and certain rules applied, no sat-nav, no motorways and we were camping overnight. The trip went really well, nearly! my car had a puncture, which was an easy fix as we took spare wheels with us, then my coil starting playing up so I was only firing on three cylinders. We were in Fort William at the time and we managed to find a replacement in Inverness, so we limped on while one of the other minis drove across to collect the coil, Europarts were brilliant and let us have it for free as it was for charity. a quick change over and all was good and firing on all cylinders.
Coming through the lake district we then had a coolant hose blow, luckily we were the lead car and it was flagged up straight away by the following minis. The hose that blew was the one from the water pump up into the block, only 3 inches long but the hardest one to get to. The AA took us to Lloyd South Lakes Mini who did an excellent of looking after us, even lending me the managers car overnight while they fixed it. Next morning we were back on the road and caught up with the other two in south wales, they had driven on when we found that coolant hose fix was going to overnight.
We then completed the trip and got to the finish line as planned, basically we had done Lands End to John O'Groats the long way!
Other than the issues we had with my mini they all performed amazingly well, the roads in Scotland were just perfect for the minis.
Currently we have raised over £9k for GOSH and we are still collecting on just giving, if anyone would like to donate just search for Mini Mayhem 2022 on the justgiving site.
I have added some pics of the cars, as you can see we have had a few sponsors and will be keeping the cars for another challenge, possibly to the top of Norway and back?
If anyone would like more info please do not hesitate to contact me.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Sky
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Sky