MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Mini One on 25.7.07.

The car was classed as Mini cherished and I got it from a main dealer.
It came with a year's cherished warranty which expires today, 24.7.08.
Ironically, this evening (24.7.08) at 20.50 hours the car manifested a fault.
Needless to say the main dealer is closed due to the time!

I have sent an e-mail which is clearly timed & dated to show that the fault appeared within the warranty period, albeit the very last day & I intend to phone first thing in the morning.

Does anyone know if the expiry of a warranty is midnight on the last day ?
It would seem sensible that it would be the case.
Has anyone experienced a similar thing, ie a fault on the last day of such a warranty ?
If so was the warranty honoured ?

Answers would be appreciated soonest.
Thanks.

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
well, which light or fault code came on?

the reason i'm asking is that some of the faults are minor, some are bigger ... only fault code mine's thrown so far *touches wood* was because of a bad batch of petrol, which resolved itself ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No light or whatever.
The bonnet simply refuses to open. The release lever doesn't activate the mechanism(s) so if I want to fill up the windscreen washer fluid, check or add oil, water etc, I can't.
If the car was to break down through an engine fault, nothing could be done in the event that the bonnet won't open.
It might sound like a small fault but it's impeding access to the engine so arguably it's a big fault !

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
aha. it's most likely one of two things ... either the cable's snapped, so the release inside doesn't work, or the catch outside is just stiff. i've seen threads about both on here. if it's the stiff catch, they can just grease-spray it up and it should be good to go.

if it's the cable, since you emailed them, it should be covered under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts