MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after some advice please :)

Bought my Mini Cooper S from a local dealership at the beginning of August this year, since then I have had 5 or 6 visits to another dealership due to problem after problem, so far I have had a new cd player, clutch, flywheel, window seal, window regulator, heater, steering rack, steering "spindle", armest piece. This comes to a sum of almost £2500 (thank god for warranty).

Now I can accept that the car isn't brand new, but with 6k miles on the clock, should I be getting all these problems? I now have another rattle from the gearbox and something that sounds "loose" when I turn left and right. I'm just getting sick of constantly returning the car, costing me time from work, to sort problems that I shouldn't have. I also had to take the car back a week after collecting is as it was due a service that the dealership hadn't picked up on (thank god for Think Mini).

Just wanted some advise please and a list of my options?

Thanks

George

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Hi George,

Sorry to hear of your problems, I'm sure someone will come along with experience of rejection. One thing which is puzzling me is the car requiring a service with only 6k miles on the clock. How old is the car?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they do, and I've had about 2.5ks worth of warranty work carried out. Its just that its problem after problem

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Drive it
List all the problems and then get the dealer to sort it for you, try searching on here for some of the problems you are experiiencing, the clutch/flywheel is a common prob (maybe not with only 6k on the clock?!) The steering could be the steering clunk fault found on a lot of earlier models, again though for the mileage quite unusual.
If the dealer doesn't solve the problems after taking it in, maybe consider the dealer doing a buy back off you or putting you in another similar MINI?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I manage to reject my Smart Roadster a couple of years ago after 5 months ownership, because Smart had my car more than I did in those 5 months thanks to a host of problems!

Speak to consumer direct (google it :) ) they will explain clearly your legal rights and how to word the rejection letter. Thats what I did and managed to get my money back :)

Good luck, and don't take any crap from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts