MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am new to this site but need some help.

I have only had my mini for 6 months. Driving it away from the garage I could smell burning oil but put it down to sitting idle!! (stupid). Anyway on short quick journeys when I stop there is smoke billowing out of the bonnet and the smell is like burning oil!

If I go on a long journey it doesn't happen as much. I have it booked in for a service next week as brake fluid low and service light on.

I have a video which I will try and post on here also. I should of told the garage straight away and when I posted this on Facebook mini groups they said it was the oil feed pipe on turbo.

Any advice would be welcome I will not be driving it until I take it to the garage but it bugs me !!! Will it be expensive is another thing arghhhh.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive wheel system
SMOKE AND SMELL

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hi all

I am new to this site but need some help.

I have only had my mini for 6 months. Driving it away from the garage I could smell burning oil but put it down to sitting idle!! (stupid). Anyway on short quick journeys when I stop there is smoke billowing out of the bonnet and the smell is like burning oil!

If I go on a long journey it doesn't happen as much. I have it booked in for a service next week as brake fluid low and service light on.

I have a video which I will try and post on here also. I should of told the garage straight away and when I posted this on Facebook mini groups they said it was the oil feed pipe on turbo.

Any advice would be welcome I will not be driving it until I take it to the garage but it bugs me !!! Will it be expensive is another thing arghhhh. View attachment 281401 SMOKE AND SMELL
Hello. I've joined this site with the same issue with my countryman. Did you have any luck with the issue? Mine has been to 3 garages and its still doing the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
The valve cover gasket was leaking it was fixed and excess oil on the blanket cleaned.
It did the same thing a week after.
It doesn’t do it all the time it’s like when the regen happens and the fan is on and I’m stationary or just parked on my drive the smoke starts.

hasn't done it again for two weeks!!

I have spoken to two other people with the same problem. No one seems to know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts