MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Clubman?
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any view and / or personal experience of used prices for the Mini Clubman here in the UK please?

We all know that the used car market is under pressure and it looks to me as if the price of used Clubmans has fallen rapidly over the past few months - especially for Clubman Cooper S, the Diesel seems to be holding it's price better.

I was keen on the Diesel but given the price of the Cooper S, that might be the one to go for?

I look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey GeorgeH

I think there are some real bargains on Clubman S models that are left over from the dealer launch last year, lots of blue/silver on mini cherished, so I reckon you'd be better off paying the extra in tax and fuel and go for an S over a D, can't see how you would get back the premium on the D unless you run it for 10 years! Also you get the pops and bangs from the S exhaust.

Having said that I love my D, and my £35 per year car tax reminder I just got!

Depends how green you wanna be?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Fully loaded DS/S Clubbie S (Launch Spec) from Jan 08 with 3k on the clock at my local dealer for £17900 approx. Was £24500 in January. Massive savings.
Is the Clubman doing very badly or would a MINI hatch suffer the same depreciation?

£24 500 is funny money for a MINI though, all those extras are not value for money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I traded my 05 one convertible for a 57 plate clubman S 3 weeks ago and it was up for £14850. It only had 2000 miles on the clock and had the usial goodies (chilli pack, mfs etc). If i got it new it would have cost me around £20k.
I didnt get a super price on my old car so i think all models have taken a hit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, newbie on here.

Just purchased my 4th Mini since 2001 and opted for the Clubman due to the extra space for my 2 children. I was originally looking along the usual Audi A3 / Focus / Astra route for a second car, but out of interest searched Mini Cherished for Clubman and was astonished at the price variations across the country. I live in Cumbria and my nearest 3 dealers were WAY overpriced compared to some other northern dealers (but by no means all).

After a bit of searching and phone calls I stumbled upon Elvet Mini in Durham. They were advertising pre-registered Clubman (08 Plate - End of June 08) with just delivery miles at relatively huge discounts. Having had several Mini's before, I was impressed with the price enough to put down a deposit and make the 2.5 hour trip to Durham to test drive and buy there and then !!!

I got myself a Mini Cooper S Clubman, in black/silver with bonnet stripes and manual aircon (but without a Chilli pack - wasn't bothered about half leather and the 'standard' alloys on a Cooper S are the business anyway). It cost me £13990 and as it was pre-registered it included the TLC pack. IT ONLY HAD 3 MILES ON THE CLOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTAL BARGAIN.

They've still got some Cooper Clubman in for just £12,990 incl Chilli with similar mileage.

I'm glad I went for the 'S', I've never had one before and it is absolutely superb !!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just bought a Cooper S Clubman on cherished, DS/B, chili, web spokes, bodykit, MFSW, black glass, , Feb 08 TLC 3500 miles for £13700.

I specced up the same one new and was £21,500 new! Somebody has lost a lot on that one! Glad its not me ;)

·
Clubman?
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback, does anyone have any recent experience of how much discount the dealers give you, new or used? - I ask a dealer about a discount a few months ago and they laughed - I am not sure that they are laughing now... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just bought a Cooper S Clubman on cherished, DS/B, chili, web spokes, bodykit, MFSW, black glass, , Feb 08 TLC 3500 miles for £13700.

I specced up the same one new and was £21,500 new! Somebody has lost a lot on that one! Glad its not me ;)
Thats a blinding deal ... In April this year I sold a 2.1/2 yeal old MCS with 21k miles on the clock to my local dealer for a whopping £13k. He sold the car in under 2 weeks and was asking £15999. Car cost me £21.5k new ...fast forward 7 months and one credit crunch later and I think the 2nd owner has done a pile of ca$h. Having said that my replacement Clubman S is probably worth 50% less than new cost of £24.5k :aargh::aargh::aargh:

One final point we took delivery of a brand new MCS on October 1st and the dealer did tell me the Clubman was absolutely dead in the water even though he drove one personally and thinks it's a great piece of kit

Attachments

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
I dont think any MINI holds its value as it once did.

So MINIs arnt cheap, dont hold there value but we all still love them and spend ££££ on them :eek:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Guess there are some good deals to be had if you're in the market for a second hand Clubbie at the moment - although some of the very cheapest Clubman MCS models on the Mini Cherished database are pretty basically specced. Have to say my local dealer seems to be doing very well despite the recent doom and gloom. One of the guys who I know quite well says that they have had a better October than last year! They have never offered discounts and I think they are still not doing so on new orders.

My clubman should be arriving imminently and unfortunately for me, I wanted it specced fairly exactly so buying used wasn't an option. Having said that, the auto models seem to be holding their money a little better than the manual ones looking through the cars listed on Mini Cherished (presumably 'cos they are not as common).

·
Registered
651 Posts
It seems all the launch Clubmans ie Blue/Silver were all specced the same, but there are some highly specced Clubmans if you look for them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts