MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to get my final spec in by the morning....still deciding between PS/PS and CR/CR....

Stats that I have read indicate the most tickets given are for White, Silver and Black cars, but this may be because there are many more of these on the road. All you CR drivers...have you had more problems with tickets than with non-red cars?

Thanks!

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Used to have a CR/W...pulled over 3 times (no tickets though). *knocks on wood*

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Have had two blue cars......never have been pulled over though!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<TOUCHES WOOD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
ImaVunDerBrah said:
3 times?!? eek! Never been pulled over.... I think I'd pee my pants :eek: :(
Yeah I know...getting pulled over makes me nervous too. But my Uncle is a NYC detective and I have a PBA card, which has gotten me out of a lot of potential tickets.

Got pulled over once in my red Jetta...wasn't so lucky. Got a ticket for 70 mph in a 55.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about looking clean...does Chilli Red hide dirt a bit...our silver Sub FXT looks clean almost always!

·
Registered
350 Posts
This morning I was pulled over for the third time. No ticket this time, no ticket the other two times! ["whew!" smiley] 55 mph in a 30 mph zone, plus not stopping at a stop sign.

If you drive a MINI at all close to its potential, the other cars on the road are like slow-moving potholes -- just obstacles to dash past, in relative ease. But the police don't see it that way!

As for the cleanliness factor: I keep my MINI shiny and sparkling. But I don't think it was the color or the shine. I was lucky that the guy who caught me, a police lieutenant in an unmarked car, was late for his own appointment. Plus I'm always very respectful, since after all they're just doing their job. But I know my luck is going to run out one day. Gotta try to keep it boring...

·
motorist
208 Posts
Hmm, got pulled over in my BRG Mini this AM as well (71/55) and was let go with a warning. Speed trap near airport entrance.

I've had this car for eight months now and have been pulled over three times for speeding. I think the previous three times took about ten years! Only one ticket so far - 75/55.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've had my CR/W MINI Cooper for almost 11 months - no tickets yet.

I also drove a Red Acura Integra for 16 years prior. I haven't had a ticket in well over 10 years.

(knock wood)

this isn't going to have some kind of terrible karma effect on all of us, is it? ;)

As far as dirt goes...
My poor little MINI is parked on the street everyday, so she's often more dirty than not. I think the red hides dirt well, though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Well my order is in and I have a production number. At the moment it's CR/CR...but I am still looking at pictures of PS/PS and EB/EB. I wish there was a blue between EB and HB!

From your posts I think it isn't color....it's the driver! Of course I am a speedy driver at times. So I guess I'll have to be on the look-out no matter what color my MCS is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts