MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting everyone know that I was watching TV last night and I saw a mini commercial!

Same one that has been aparently played before movies. It shows all the small things that have beaten all the large things in life. Such as Elephants with mice, David and Goliath, etc. Then it shows a silver and black cooper doing a slalom of some sort and then it says Mini.ca

Pretty nice. I was jumping around like I was 5 years old on christmas morning on a sugar high!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Which channel & time

Hey, Jayomatic...what channel & time? I'd like to keep an eye out for it...(I'm in Toronto)...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really can't remember exactly but I know it was either on City TV during a movie last night, or friends, or something like that, or it was during the CBC Olympic coverage.

I hope I see it again. Nice to know that BMW Canada is actually doing commercials instead of doing stunts like in the states. I know the stunts are really cool but what if you are not at these events! You might never get to see the car!

Perhaps if they had video of stunts, that would be better.

J

·
Registered
86 Posts
And Mini ads on the big screen in Canada

Saw "A beautiful mind" at a Toronto Cineplex Odeon (Humber at Bloor & Jane) last night. At the ticket booth they had Mini Cooper and "S" "business cards", with a pic on one side and "coming to Canada/Bientot au Canada" with the Mini.ca web site on the reverse.

Then, before the main feature, a Mini ad ! - took a while to realise it was even a car ad...all very Gen-X with zappy graphics, ending with a guy eating a chilli-pepper (small but very hot - get it?) and screaming, then cut to a Cooper zooming to a sideways halt.

Neat.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I too saw the MINI.ca ad. It played on City TV, at about 7:58pm after Friends and Before Enterprise. Same commercial they're playing at the cinema apparently. This was the first time I caught it.

I agree, very interesting advertising concept. If you blinked, and missed the MINI.ca tag line, you wouldn't have known what it was for.

They must be commencing their media blitz, two days ago they put up a MINI Cooper S advert on a bus shelter at around 10 Eglinton Ave E, near the corner of Yonge/Eglinton.

I hope I catch the commercial again on tape, because I have a video capture card on my PC.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know this idea is not a very nice one.

I hope they put some ads around the city such as on the subways and shelters so that I can peel one off and take it home with me. My brother has a whole gallery of ads he has taken off the subways.

I will keep my eyes posted for any new ads anywhere. Going to the show tommorrow. Going to take lots and lots of pictures of everything. Yay!

J

·
Registered
86 Posts
More ads downtown...

Also an "S" ad at John/Front right by the Skydome as you look South opposite the CBC building..."Parks faster than a Ferrari"...very cool, but call me dumb - I don't get it !

On the opposite side of what was the "Hooters" ad...hard to choose between the two :D :D

I'll be at the TO Autoshow around 3:00pm...scarfing brochures...I've heard "S" brochures will be there. Look for the blonde curly-headed guy with a brit accent, Mountain Equipment jacket and drooling...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be there right when it opens. Right at 10:30AM. I want to get there before the crowds so I can take lots of good pictures. Oh yeah. I will also be the one who will be locked in the car. Refusing to get out!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
After seeing the MINI.ca ad on Wed. I set-up the VCR to tape City TV on Thur. Prime-time. It worked, because I caught the MINI.ca ad again, and on tape. I sent an email to MINI2 to see if this could be added to the Goodies/Video section... I'm not sure of the legal implications.

I'm not too good at encoding digital video yet, so does anyone know where I could just upload a fairly big video, and let others download it at their leisure? It's a 1-minute commercial, 352x240 true NTSC, Stereo, CD quality. I'd like to get it to under 5 MB for sharing.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Someone stole the MINI.ca poster from the bus shelter at Yonge and Eglinton. It was there for about 6 days, now the shelter is wrapped in that yellow barricade tape, and the frame is ripped open on the side to get at the poster.

So much for Jayomatic wanting to nick one. Unless he did. (Just kidding).

Too bad, I liked seeing it on the way to work everyday. I wonder if there is a legal way to procure a poster like this, if any survive.

·
Registered
342 Posts
noahe said:

I'm not too good at encoding digital video yet, so does anyone know where I could just upload a fairly big video, and let others download it at their leisure? It's a 1-minute commercial, 352x240 true NTSC, Stereo, CD quality. I'd like to get it to under 5 MB for sharing.
If you have it ready for sending via the internet, or want to mail it to me on tape, I can format it for the web. Just let me know.

[email protected]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mean someone stole the poster before me? Damn!

I went downtown Saturday to get a closer look at a mini ad but since it is gone. o well. I have also seen a bunch of the mini launch party posters plastered everywhere now downtown. I really hope I get picked to attend one of these events. It would be pretty fun I hope.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. Its not any commercial music I can think of. It seems like it was a little piece done for the commercial. Its just a cheezy song saying something like, The Big guy, The little guy. I'm the little guy. blah blah blah. Not very exciting. It would have been cool if it was some really cool track.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts