MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I noticed that my new Countryman was running maps designated 2018-4, and that an update to 2019-1 (UK & IE) was available.

I spoke with Customer Services about how to get that update. I was informed that:
the latest version was in fact 2019-3 but as it was a new car it would start to load the new versions in order of availability. This could be done through MINI Connected or a visit to the dealership. If left to the automatic update that would occur over the next few months.

I spoke to the dealership who said if I wanted to have the system updated by them that was a chargeable service and I would have to buy the upgrade from the Parts Dept.

So my question is: how often do the map updates occur through MINI Connected, is that a scheduled event or on demand?

Thanks for any insights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From my understanding it won’t give you a complete update over air. So the designation will change e.g 2018-1 ,2018-2 ect you can download the 2019 via a usb on your connected portal. As you get free updates on a cars first 3 years. A dealership will charge you to do this as it’s a lengthy process in a dealer to download and load onto your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks henry90. Your description is what I thought would happen, so I called Customer Services again.

They checked the configuration of my car and confirmed that the updating mechanism through MINI Connected was set to "Automatic". They also said it isn't possible for the customer to change that setting to "manual" and then download to a USB. That is something only a dealer can configure.

They were surprised that the dealership hadn't done a full update prior to handover. I will watch and see what happens over the next few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts