MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my dealers showroom at the weekend to check up on the progress of my Cooper and was asked by the salesman to have a chat with a german bloke who was surveying customers to see if they would be interested in being able to watch their MINI being built via webcam from the factory. Apparently the webcams have already been installed but BMW are investigating the possibility. They may alternatively offer photos of your car being built when you pick it up for a small fee (of course).

The dealer also confirmed that the version 27 (? i think) of the car memory software should be available during March and should offer many of the features already discussed in other threads.

He took me out to the car compund to show me some of the MINIs that they had already (I wanted to see a silver/black cooper) and i was surprised that many of the coopers were Chili with 17s. He also admitted that some MINIs had come back with 'pull to the left' problems (completely unprompted as well) but he said that these problems had stopped over the past few months and that build quality was much better since December.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
LeamMINI said:
I was in my dealers showroom at the weekend to check up on the progress of my Cooper and was asked by the salesman to have a chat with a german bloke who was surveying customers to see if they would be interested in being able to watch their MINI being built via webcam from the factory. Apparently the webcams have already been installed but BMW are investigating the possibility. They may alternatively offer photos of your car being built when you pick it up for a small fee (of course).

The dealer also confirmed that the version 27 (? i think) of the car memory software should be available during March and should offer many of the features already discussed in other threads.

He took me out to the car compund to show me some of the MINIs that they had already (I wanted to see a silver/black cooper) and i was surprised that many of the coopers were Chili with 17s. He also admitted that some MINIs had come back with 'pull to the left' problems (completely unprompted as well) but he said that these problems had stopped over the past few months and that build quality was much better since December.
Interesting. Thanks for that. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Webcams at Factory

LeamMINI said:
...surveying customers to see if they would be interested in being able to watch their MINI being built via webcam from the factory...
I can imagine MIN2-ers peering intently at their screens and periodically yelling "Oi, you've fitted that $%^!$^&%£* rear wiper wrong, it won't reach the top of the glass!!!"

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
cheers for that

can just see us all having a link under our posts to 'My Car in Production Cam'

nice to know about the software, mine is loaded in and ready for my testing on Friday with the settings i have requested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts