Let me be the first to say UGLY! :eek:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
errrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Fun on 2 & 4 wheels!
185 Posts
Eh? What? Bespoke are developing a MINI Convertible - course you are lads!!! I could do a better job of doctoring that pic than they did.

Any MINI convertible done will have to lose the back seats due to the miniscule amount of space between the back seat headrests and the back screen. There just ain't enough room for a hood. Then theres the small job of changing a hatchback into a saloon, old Mini style. If you look at any modern convertible they always have a lip between the boot and the back screen - Pug 206 CC is main example of this.

I hope we get a proper MINI convertible, Pug 206 CC style, but it's gonna be a 2 seater only, and look a hell of a lot better than that contraption.

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I saw a picture of a convertible in the French site. Unfortunately, they are changing their server, so I could not access their site this evening and find the page.

I kept being diverted to a new Beatle site when I tried their old address, so I shall not post the link until they have sorted themselves out.

The convertible I saw was a 2 seater with no backseat!!!

:eek:

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
dcfkan said:
I saw a picture of a convertible in the French site. Unfortunately, they are changing their server, so I could not access their site this evening and find the page.

The convertible I saw was a 2 seater with no backseat!!!
Found this picture of the MINI roadster via the News at Mini Mania:

The production version won't have the wild looking windscreen ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
OOOOOOHHHH NNOOOOOOO

I have some bad news boys and girls! The Bespoke Cnvertible MINI is going on sale in Feb 2002, starting at £16000.oo for a basic MINI ONE. When I get the real photos I will post them on here.

Once again nooooooooo, it looks horrid. Can people not wait till the BMW real version comes out, and I dont even think the cars are converted in the UK, but I dont know 4 sure.

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting, & kinda cute, but...

I prefer to wait for the factory version. I've read of the structural integrity issues, encountered, when converting an orig Mini, to convertabble/roadster. That red, concept Cab, shown in ealier AutoExpresss, is great!
What is 'Bespoken"? a financial house? or custom auto shop? I'm confused...?

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Re: OOOOOOHHHH NNOOOOOOO

MINIMARK said:
......starting at £16000.oo for a basic MINI ONE.......
And you can get a Cooper S for less !!:D
If you'll buy such a piece of sh*t, you've completely lost your mind :D !

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
bleurgh..the car looks awful...but then it looks like a MINI with no roof, so what will the pukka cabriolet look like ?!

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
IMHO, how ugly can ugly get? This is a travesty, an insult to our new MINI! Uh oh, I'm sounding like a classic Mini fanatic when he sees a new MINI! I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
ELISEBOY said:
I agree, the convertible just doesn't do the MINI any justice. :(

Now what about a 'Woody' station wagon instead?

·
Registered
612 Posts
The photos are somewhere on this site Garry, can't remember where. It really is ugly, complete with plastic wood, yes plastic wood.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts