MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this swap? Just curious to the effects it may have on the engine/performance and such and whether its a good idea or not.

Appreciate all replies!

Will

·
Registered
655 Posts
why would you want to fit an exhaust from a smaller capacity car?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Has anyone done this swap? Just curious to the effects it may have on the engine/performance and such and whether its a good idea or not.

Appreciate all replies!

Will
they are different emissions and different amount of metals inside will also give codes for cat not doing enough, and will fail the prescribed outputs for mot, below link cheap new cats use them al the time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why would you want to fit an exhaust from a smaller capacity car?
Just had it in the workshop, the current one at the Flexi joint has split cause it to leak exhaust gases, rather than spend money on a replacement I was just curious as to whether swapping it would improve or decrease the performance, emissions, exhaust flow, etc... I wouldn't be swapping the catalytic converter as that part is fine. Just from where the manifold and CAT come down and join onto the rest of the exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,017 Posts
Sounds like that is pretty common on those models with the flexi joint. Does that trip a code or just smell?
As far as a exhaust there are plenty out there. But when considering a different exhaust remember you can always build your own. if it is after the second O2 sensor. This place has pretty good stuff for all that if your interested.
exhaust pipes and mufflers | JEGS

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
i use the below link weld new flexi in
or can find them on ebay with clamp on method easy repair will need a angle grinder to cut old one off pipe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts