MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My Mini Cooper is my first car so I'm not familiar with the servicing needs. Upon purchasing in March 07, the on board computer suggested Feb 09 or 23500 miles for its first service.

That mileage mark is now upon me so I'm booked in for a service within the next week.

Is that mileage figure unusually high, or am I right by sticking to what the computer suggests.

Also, is there anything I can do before hand to speed up the service procedure, thus reducing the ridiculous BMW service charges I will no doubt get?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,Yea i recently had my first service on my MCSC.The next servise is reading something like 19000miles.They say its because they use fully sythetic oil in the minis therefore noit needing to change it so often.......

The only way to speed it up i think is too drive your car like its stolen everywhere you go.Hence the harder you drive it the quicker its gonna need its next service.

And yes the comp adjusts it self accordingly .

Hope that helps :p

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
Also, is there anything I can do before hand to speed up the service procedure, thus reducing the ridiculous BMW service charges I will no doubt get?

Thanks
have you not got mini TLC? - in which case the service will be free (very very few cars sold without it i think)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts