MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son purchased a used Mini Cooper 2009 Automatic Clubman S a year ago..Timing belt just went out and then the engine. He still owes $7,300. He just put new brakes on the front and back, and also got two new tires. We have since learned that there is a Class Action Lawsuit against this very thing. He has not replaced engine. We have no idea what to do.. We were advised against getting engine replaced. Please, any advice is appreciated.. He lives in Denton, Texas.. Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm going through the same thing in the UK.

See my Post and the good advice I'm getting from the Forum.

Good luck.

D

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
The 2009 Cooper S has a timing chain and I guess you mean that this has failed? The guides are weak on them hence the high failure rate on these engines. They are terrible engines tbh.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Son purchased a used Mini Cooper 2009 Automatic Clubman S a year ago..Timing belt just went out and then the engine. He still owes $7,300. He just put new brakes on the front and back, and also got two new tires. We have since learned that there is a Class Action Lawsuit against this very thing. He has not replaced engine. We have no idea what to do.. We were advised against getting engine replaced. Please, any advice is appreciated.. He lives in Denton, Texas.. Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.
i have done loads of them i buy them with chains snapped, so parts wise £500 head off all the valve will be bent and will need replacing. head studs are stretch type and the timing chain kit with vvt sprockets are on ebay for £200 they are same as peugeot gti vti engine special locking tool can be bought on line as well and instructions on how to lock it and time it are as well.. very repairable couple of days on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing