MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I know that this has been asked before but I can't find anything recent...

I have a very much loved 2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible and I'm pregnant :big_grin: I am hoping that I can keep my car (hubby will have to change his to a more 'family friendly' car...!!!) so I'm wondering whether anyone knows of any prams that will fit in the convertible mini? I saw the Bugaboo Bee today and was told that it's one of the smallest but when I saw it folded I just can't imagine it fitting in the boot...

·
Registered
10 Posts
We bought our '05 Cooper S Convertible new when our son was six months old - we still have it and it remains our only car. We found that a folded pushchair could easily be securely wedged behind the driver's seat leaving the place behind the front passenger free for a child seat. On some trips we have had to put the rear parcel shelf on its higher setting (meaning the roof won't fold down) to get all our luggage in but we have managed to travel across the UK and holiday in Europe without any particular problems (ok, careful planning was called for on occasions!). Of course, we could have bought a "people carrier" but how much fun would that have been? However, I cannot imagine getting a pram, even a small one, in it ........................... unless it's just you and one infant, in a rear facing front seat, in which case, you could try back seats down, roof down, pram in the back, roof back up and off you go and by the time you need a rear child seat the pram may be redundant.

What? You might be planning a large family? A very large family? Don't think I can help with that one!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i have an 06 mini convertible and the babyzen yoyo fits perfect in the boot. I could fit two in if i wanted to. Next mission is to find the right car seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to add, the babyzen yoyo can be from birth when you buy the 0+ parent facing nest. I couldn't believe my eyes when it folded down and fit in the boot. It's so compact. Can be taken on some flights and is classed as hand luggage it folds that well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've also found that the Egg pram fits in the boot (wheels off). Thank you for the advice! Now to find a car seat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts