MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am looking for some help with my wife's mini, it is a mini cooper diesel R56 109HP 80KW 2010 reg.

She informed me the heater had stopped working, the heat was there but no 1,2,3 etc so i replaced the resister with no effect. Last night I replaced the fan blower and it still has not fixed the problem, i dont know the mini's very well (I am a VW guy) A mechanic mate has suggested replacing the air conditioning relay but i dont really know what else to try.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Hi there,

I am looking for some help with my wife's mini, it is a mini cooper diesel R56 109HP 80KW 2010 reg.

She informed me the heater had stopped working, the heat was there but no 1,2,3 etc so i replaced the resister with no effect. Last night I replaced the fan blower and it still has not fixed the problem, i dont know the mini's very well (I am a VW guy) A mechanic mate has suggested replacing the air conditioning relay but i dont really know what else to try.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers Andy
maybe the rotary switch, or fuse on body control module need to no if have power and where to

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably a bit late for a reply but interesting matter and I don't know if this is one of the crafty things BMW get up to. Driving home last week i got the brake warning light come on. (Brake pad wear detection on rear pads).
Next morning driving to work I noticed the heater fan was not running putting the fan on max speed, defrost, etc. didn't work.

I changed the disks and pads and detector, reset the brake warning and hey presto the heater is now working again. Seems like when there's a warning some other bits and pieces get deactivated. Along with the heater fan the speed control is also deactivated.

If you take your car to your favorite BMW dealer telling them the brake warning is on, the speed control doesn't work, the heater doesn't work either, be careful not to get billed for 3 repairs when just resetting the brakes will fix all.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Probably a bit late for a reply but interesting matter and I don't know if this is one of the crafty things BMW get up to. Driving home last week i got the brake warning light come on. (Brake pad wear detection on rear pads).
Next morning driving to work I noticed the heater fan was not running putting the fan on max speed, defrost, etc. didn't work.

I changed the disks and pads and detector, reset the brake warning and hey presto the heater is now working again. Seems like when there's a warning some other bits and pieces get deactivated. Along with the heater fan the speed control is also deactivated.

If you take your car to your favorite BMW dealer telling them the brake warning is on, the speed control doesn't work, the heater doesn't work either, be careful not to get billed for 3 repairs when just resetting the brakes will fix all.
yep i've been saying that for years funny how somethings are linked almost like unsuspecting car owner just drops car off with list of faults and gets changed for all faults when all it was was a reset attached to other service items maybe,, but that would be like accusing them of knowing of big problems with timing chains that dont exist in their book, you should see some of the vag groups linked diagnostics cant even changed rear brake pads without diagnostics tool, vauxhall do the same the service soon message is not removable with most diagnostics tools, volvo now use a internet only based diagnostics tool so cant even buy chinese copys and they are all moving that way, trying to make it as hard as they can for any other garage or owner to stand a chance of repairing it, i hope if we leave the eu we start importing american or australian cars or just jap cars because all euro cars are getting more and more expensive to repair on all levels. shame honda is jumping ship and leaving the uk,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts