MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Two weeks into owning my 2008 manual Mini Cooper D, I put the car into reverse as I backed onto my driveway and the clutch started rattling and grinding with my foot pressed on it. When I got on the drive, I put the car into neutral and the clutch continued to make the same noises - it did this when testing every single gear.

I turned the engine off and started the car up again, only to find the car wouldn't go into any gear at all. The car no longer starts and I've noticed the gearknob pulls all the way up and out of place.

I was just wondering if any Mini owners have experienced this before or anything similar with this particular model? I really want to find a solution so any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Matt

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
dual mass flywheel very common around 70-120k early ones are diesels that get driven around town mostly start stop and hill starts and low revs, centre bearing fails on them, engine running on idle get someone to work clutch pedal, on a perfect on should have no noise change on heavy worn ones get a thrust bearing noises and totally ruined ones get big rattles and cant engage gears, as for gear stick thing remove plastics inside car have a look might find this to be another fault where the ball has worn out maybe,
also flywheel when driving car if springs have failed will bang and knock and have vibrations these are the worst failures if keep using ot as will knock out main bearings on crankshaft and input shaft on gear box at worst,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts