MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening folks!

im in discussions with Lohen at the moment to get a aftermarket solid mass flywheel conversion for the cooper d. if anybody has a diesel or for that matter a cooper s you may have experienced or heard of someones unfortunate experience with these wonderful fantastic pieces of modern engineering!
Well, Lohen already have conversion kits for the gen 2 s i believe and are at this moment working with helix to produce a clutch kit to mate to a solid flywheel for the diesel.
the cooper d is very popular amongst driving instructors, mainly for its economy and cheap tax compared to the petrol. unfortunately they eat clutches and very quickly the flywheels!
im hoping to be the first to to have the transplant (!), and wanted to make others aware of its impending launch (hopefully).

It seems that Helix need convincing there is a market.
So if you own a diesel and intend to keep it into high mileage be ready for a bill of around £1000 from an independent garage to replace it or £1600 from the dealer. if your a driving instructor you probable already shelled out for one by now.

so if you may be interested in a solid conversion, lower clutch replacement costs initially, then a lot lower next time as no flywheel will be needed please get in touch with me or contact Lohen on 01785 859999 and speak to Andrey Magiy. He will be meeting with helix next week so the more calls he gets the more ammo he has!

cheers folks!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
me, my clutch died at 34,000 km, when the dealer changed it they noticed the flywheel was loose, this is what caused the clutch to fail, flywheel was also buggered, a very expensive repair job in Norway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts