MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini cooper non start. Ews? Immobiliser?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mike1967 
#1 ·
Hi.a few days ago I bought a 2003 mini cooper.the girl never used the key fob as it worked intermittently. She had just used the key to open and lock the doors.we used the car all weekend and loved it.Sunday evening I decided to change the battery in the fob as I like everything to work.still intermittently working but better than before.Monday morning comes and the car won't start.turns over but just won't fire up.i thought the fob needed syncing to the car,called a car locksmith and he checked the fob,and another that the seller had found.he found the fobs to be working and locking and unlocking the car ,but only when you're sat inside.
He ran various diagnostic tests and found an ews fault.he said something had confused things and the immobiliser wasn't switching off .
I am at a loss.it cost me a call out charge and he couldn't fix it unfortunately. I may have to call an auto electrician but would he be able to solve it?I've read online that it's possible to disable or unplug the immobiliser. Is this possible?I don't expect anyone to tell me these things on the open forum but a pm would be ok I hope?
Thanks for reading .
Jamie

#2 ·
Hi.a few days ago I bought a 2003 mini cooper.the girl never used the key fob as it worked intermittently. She had just used the key to open and lock the doors.we used the car all weekend and loved it.Sunday evening I decided to change the battery in the fob as I like everything to work.still intermittently working but better than before.Monday morning comes and the car won't start.turns over but just won't fire up.i thought the fob needed syncing to the car,called a car locksmith and he checked the fob,and another that the seller had found.he found the fobs to be working and locking and unlocking the car ,but only when you're sat inside.
He ran various diagnostic tests and found an ews fault.he said something had confused things and the immobiliser wasn't switching off .
I am at a loss.it cost me a call out charge and he couldn't fix it unfortunately. I may have to call an auto electrician but would he be able to solve it?I've read online that it's possible to disable or unplug the immobiliser. Is this possible?I don't expect anyone to tell me these things on the open forum but a pm would be ok I hope?
Thanks for reading .
Jamie
yes can pull the immobilizer off the dde so its open and plug and play ., or this guy can clone the unit i believe DALE 07807222262 he does all kinds of magic with ecu's and can even do mileage correction ie if buy a secondhand unit say can change the mileage to what it was if that makes sense ,, also does it mail order ie send him ecu's and he sorts them and sends back good guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.