MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have finally decided that I will get a Cooper and not the S. I am slotted to be in the first group to get one by moving to the Cooper.

Started to look at the options packages. Instead of Chili and Pepper packages we have Premium and Sport.

Premium Package $1,250.00
Multi-Function Steering Wheel - Cruise Control
Panoramic Sunroof
Automatic Air Conditioning
On Board Computer

Sport Package $1,250.00
Dynamic Steering Control
Rear Spoiler
16" Alloy wheels (5 Star Design) - 225/55R16 Run Flat Tires
Sport Seats
Front Fog Lamps

There also is a cold weather package for $500.00.

Are the packages above the American versions of Chili, etc?

Overall, I would say the standard package is very good at $16,300 base price. I am thinking that I will get the sport and the cold weather packages.

They also want $400 for metallic paint (is indi Blue metallic?) and $1,250 for leather seats (are the sports seats leather?)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
kcmini said:
Have finally decided that I will get a Cooper and not the S. I am slotted to be in the first group to get one by moving to the Cooper.

Started to look at the options packages. Instead of Chili and Pepper packages we have Premium and Sport.

Are the packages above the American versions of Chili, etc?
Package names and components differ from one country to another.

They also want $400 for metallic paint (is indi Blue metallic?) and $1,250 for leather seats (are the sports seats leather?)
The only non-metallic colors are Solid Black, Chili Red, Pepper White and Liquid Yellow. You can get optional leather on either regular or sports seats.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like they will be ready in KC mid March.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basil,
After seeing your posts on the silver/blue thread, how much of a problem is the paint chipping on the blue? Didn't know that it had a white undercoating.

I had been leaning toward the blue but until I actually see a Mini in person I won't really know. Since the first round or two will be sent as spec'd by the factory, I may just pick one as is. I am thinking that I may just go by my gut instinct when I am up close.

Don't think I can really go wrong with the Mini!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
kcmini said:
Basil,
After seeing your posts on the silver/blue thread, how much of a problem is the paint chipping on the blue? Didn't know that it had a white undercoating.

I had been leaning toward the blue but until I actually see a Mini in person I won't really know. Since the first round or two will be sent as spec'd by the factory, I may just pick one as is. I am thinking that I may just go by my gut instinct when I am up close.

Don't think I can really go wrong with the Mini!
Well, I can't really answer that one acurately as the pictures I have posted in that thread are UK spec cars in oz purely for looking at and touching etc. NO drives allowed. But most dark colours will have a white or grey undercoat. If you really like the Indi Blue from photo's you will love the car in the flesh. It's a lovely colour.

I'd just keep a little can of touch up paint for the occasional stone chip & scratch. don't let it put you off, it's not a big deal in my experience with darker coloured cars.

Go with your Guts.......the whole MINI experience is from the heart anyway.

cheers

:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Those packages aren't equivalent to UK Chilli etc.. I think yours start off with a better spec, (could be wrong though).

Sport Package $1,250.00
Dynamic Steering Control
Rear Spoiler
16" Alloy wheels (5 Star Design) - 225/55R16 Run Flat Tires
Sport Seats
Front Fog Lamps[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, but the tyre size is probably wrong - 16" are 195 and 17" are only 205.

[/QUOTE](are the sports seats leather?) [/QUOTE]

Not here, they're half leather / cloth.

BTW - What does the cold weather package consist of?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crashandburn

You are right about the tire size. It was printed incorrectly in the mini information. There was a confirmation in another thread from Mini that had sizes I believe more in line with those you quoted.

Cold weather package
Heated washer jets
Visibility package
Heated mirrors
Heated washer jets
Heated windshield
Rain sensor and auto dimming mirror
Heated Seats

The packages for the S are identical except for the Sport where you can additionally select 17" alloys (s-lite design), headlamp power washers and xenon headlights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts