MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a few weeks back I bought a mini copper on an 06 plate - R50. It has been a bit sluggish and hesistant before it is fully warmed up and then gets better. I have noticed that it is not a very smooth drive when changing through gears unless you keep the engine revs up. I find pulling away feels sluggish until it finds its power band and it sort of feels all or nothing compared to other cars I have driven. Keeping the engine revs high, I am quite happy with the performance. I have changed the plugs today and it feels a little smoother but stick lacks that power at take off until the revs get up.
Can someone tell me, is this the normal response of a mini? I have made sure the air filter is also clean.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Take the HT leads off the coil pack starting with number 3 (top right). I can almost assure you, unless it’s been replaced, the metal pole the lead attaches to will be rusty. Sand paper will sort it out.

Minis do this for some reason, now 1,2 & 4 will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. No3 was like you said. I put some new plugs in and reset the ecu and it seems to be running better. It's not not very good until it has warmed up. Its ok if you drive it with plenty of revs when it is cold but I don't like to do that to a cold engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts