MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Story Short. I have a 2008 Mini, My Center console is number 51162752899.
I bought an aftermarket stereo, which needs a different opening for the stereo.
So I also bought the Center Console number 51169206835 (Which fits the new stereo).

My current console looks like this

The new one also has the AC/Window Controls included. Is this one (Exact pic of the one I Bought)

Anyone has any experience switching these? Would it be ok to just leave the new one as it is and just plug it in the car? Or would be better to switch the Original AC/Window Controls to the new Trim, and just switch the stereo?

Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
F86 BMW X6M, F30 BMW 320d
12 Posts
The new one also has the AC/Window Controls included. Is this one (Exact pic of the one I Bought)

Anyone has any experience switching these? Would it be ok to just leave the new one as it is and just plug it in the car? Or would be better to switch the Original AC/Window Controls to the new Trim, and just switch the stereo?

Any advice is welcome.
Sorry, I think you've bought the wrong item, that just looks like the facelift (LCI) R56 console. The opening in that unit isn't a standard DIN size.

I think you need something like this (below), although it says Double DIN, there are usually Single DIN conversion kits available too.

Here's a UK seller (if anyone in the UK has the same issue):

Then you may need something like this if you're not fitting a double DIN unit:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts