MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So this is first time over an year that this happened. I was driving the Mini and when I took a turn the Mini died completely! Like complete dead. I thought it could be battery but the batter was fine when I checked and even jump started. This quite strange and potential hazard on the road as it died while driving. And by dead I mean, the lights inside the car wont turn on as if it has no battery.

Also like about 20 minutes or so it came back to life with "Plain exclamation" mark which I couldnt record as I was panicing becuase it had blocked the road and couldnt be moved due to gear lock or something,

I managed to take this photo from online and surprisingly this is the only photo of "Plain exclamation mark" which I could find about Mini online, (disregard the steering light)"

Anyone had experience similar problem or can provide insight?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
also the triangle with that mark could mean many things its telling you time to visit a garage and have car scanned with diagnostic tool, diagnostics tool will then give a where to start looking for the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also the triangle with that mark could mean many things its telling you time to visit a garage and have car scanned with diagnostic tool, diagnostics tool will then give a where to start looking for the issue.
i dont get any triangle, its plain exclamation point. Also I did a reset through indicator light switch so the tool might not read any codes.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
you picture also shows the triangle on the lower part between the mileage and trip mileage, might be start stop deactivated as if any codes stored it will be if have start stop on the car etc, or if diesel will also stop regen of dpf filter as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you picture also shows the triangle on the lower part between the mileage and trip mileage, might be start stop deactivated as if any codes stored it will be if have start stop on the car etc, or if diesel will also stop regen of dpf filter as well
Oh i see what you mean. The photo was taken online, as I didnt get to take the photo of this when this happened to my car as I was stopped in the middle of road with car full shutdown and gears locked so I kinda paniced and when the car "automatically" came back to life after 20 minutes or so, this exclamation point appeared. Now i search the web to see for similar issues and couldnt find any and surprisingly only found a single picture in a blog that discusses someting else. Actually why I am quite stressed is that I cant even find similar symptom anywhere on web where a mini cooper drops complete dead! with properly working battery after driving couple of blocks. As of now my hypothesis is that maybe the door wasnt properly shut and when the bump or some jurked appeared on the road the door agar switched might have triggered complete shutdown or maybe some theft prevention system.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
needs a diagnostics plugged in see what is stored including in the body control module, might be its shutting down main relay due to fault could be anything to be honest, could even be loose battery connections could be earth point somewhere, yep could be part of alarm system and CAS unit etc,, but without asking the car for a clue there is so may things it could be,, but can check the easy ones battery connections etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts