MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm. hoping someone maybe able to help me with my car...... I've owed her for about 10 months. Not really had any issues. However she had been standing not being used and the battery went flat. All sorted and now in use again, however since then I have an issue with the locking. When sitting in the car I can press the button and the car locks and unlocks fine. However once outside the car the buttons don't seem to do anything. I have changed the button on the fob to no avail. I have the first generation key with only 2 buttons on the key.
Does anyone have any ideas? I can't leave it unlocked all the time ?

· Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like the range of your transmitter is poor.
Have you tried pointing the key at the rear view mirror directly when outside the car?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have tried this but doesn't make a difference. I can hold it right next to the the mirror but outside and it still doesn't work straight way. Any ideas what I need to do. Thanks....

· Registered
161 Posts
When ours stoppped working it was the alarm reciever in the rear view mirror that had failed. We had it replaced with the cheaper manual dip one at mini who re-programmed everything. Our indy didn't want to spend loads of hours trying to sus it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.