MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am brand new to this forum.

I AM going to get a new MCS and have been going through all the mind blowing decisions re spec etc.

I have narrowed down my colour to Dark Silver and am now driving myself mad as to whether it should have a black roof or a white roof.

Only thing is........the white wing mirrors would need to be changed if I went for the white roof etc etc....

Please help me Black or White.:puzzled:

Please don't confuse me with anything else or I swear I wont be able to go to sleep.

Cheers

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Only thing is........the white wing mirrors would need to be changed if I went for the white roof etc etc....
Getting the mirror caps changed is a simple thing.
Just ask the dealership for a spare set in the colour you require, it won't break the bank!
I'm sure you could persuade them to fit for free too! ;)

BTW Welcome to M2 :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree with Bo2007 - for me, the black roof seems to suit the dark silver colour better. You could always do what I have done and go for dark silver with black roof and chrome mirror caps!:D

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow...this forum is great....quick and meaningful replys. Yup Dark Silver and black is beginning to take my fancy.

Thanks for the welcome and good advice.

No doubt I will be asking more questions in the future. :biggrin:

·
Registered
105 Posts
i think that might be too much dark silver if you know what i mean. i have a dark silver, black roof and carbon mirror caps and carbon scoop

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd go for a white roof and bonnet stripes for a dark silver MINI - I don't think the black bonnet stripes are as noticeable as white stripes on a dark silver car.

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
I totally agree with MINI&MERCGUY above, white is more classic, more MINI and the bonnet stripes will simply show off better.
I vote DS/W because that is :cool: :cool: :cool: :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum ;)

I was in the same situation as you a couple of months ago...but when I saw black roof on the dark silver I just couldn't say no. It's most defo the best combo (well that's just my opinion).

Attachments

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:rolleyes:

Thanks Runny....I was going to ask for some pics of DS/WR and you have come to my rescue.

Your car looks great and judging by the admirers on the pavement they like it too!! :cool::D

·
Registered
3 Posts
:rolleyes:

Thanks Runny....I was going to ask for some pics of DS/WR and you have come to my rescue.

Your car looks great and judging by the admirers on the pavement they like it too!! :cool::D
don't mention it,

it's me on the very left, others are mates of mine checking the car out ;), it'll be the same situation with yours too :biggrin:

I had not many choices, when I was about to order the MCS, there was only a LB/W, this DS/W with flame spoke wheels and a DS/B in the pool. So decided that the LB/W would be too much "out there" for me and I liked the flame spoke wheels so took the other one.

DS/B looks very elite, cool and also somewhat dignified, but also seems like to keep things in a low profile a little bit with the all dark color combination (For my taste of course).
DS/W looks also cool and dignified, but a little bit more out there (not as much as the LB ;) ) The car looks like it has a white shirt on with a cool dark grey jean :) because of the white roof and etc.

Hard choice, but the pictures don't to do the thing, you have to see both in flesh and blood.

·
Wanted one so bought one
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your car looks fantastic.

Thanks for the pictures and the post.

Its going to be DS/W.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts