MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone is well,

Thought you might like to know that we have just received information that Autoart will shortly be releasing models of the New Mini Cooper S. They will be available in both 1/18 and 1/43 scales. Prices will be approx £19.99 for the 1/43 and £39.99 for the 1/18 scale models. According to there website, the models will only be available in Electric Blue with white roof, although this may change nearer the release of the models.
Have a look at this link for a picture.
http://www.autoartmodels.com/pages/...e/perfor4_1.htm

Please contact me by e-mail or replying to this thread if you are interested in placing an advanced order.

Regards

Tim Dunlop
Mad4Models

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
mad4models said:
Hope everyone is well,

Thought you might like to know that we have just received information that Autoart will shortly be releasing models of the New Mini Cooper S. They will be available in both 1/18 and 1/43 scales. Prices will be approx £19.99 for the 1/43 and £39.99 for the 1/18 scale models. According to there website, the models will only be available in Electric Blue with white roof, although this may change nearer the release of the models.
Have a look at this link for a picture.
http://www.autoartmodels.com/pages/...e/perfor4_1.htm

Please contact me by e-mail or replying to this thread if you are interested in placing an advanced order.

Regards

Tim Dunlop
Mad4Models
:)

I can't get the link to work....... I'll try again later..

2nd try, 6 hours later......still no good. :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not models of the S but I contacted Maisto and got a quote on having custom MINI's painted up.... not a bad price car per car but the setup fee per color is high.

If anyone is interested in getting them made with their company logo's, mini2 logo, etc, just let me know and I'll forward the info to you.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The Porsche models look very smart :cool: :cool:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
That model looks very detailed, even the driven looks real :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BruceK said:

Gee, that picture of the Cooper S model looks very familiar, where I have seen it before? :rolleyes: I guess they don't even have a prototype yet to show.
:D I guess they got permission to build the model, copyright on BMW's photo's may have been assumed.

Notice the Commodore at the bottom. Marketed as the "Monaro" in oz where it's designed and built. I think perhaps the door shutlines on the model are an improvement on the real thing.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by Basil

Notice the Commodore at the bottom. Marketed as the "Monaro" in oz where it's designed and built. I think perhaps the door shutlines on the model are an improvement on the real thing.......:rolleyes:
The Feb 18th AUTOWEEK had a blip on General Motors newly hired 'car guy'-Bob Lutz- taking a trip to OZ to study the possiblity of importing the Holden GTS coupe or the Monaro into the US, badged as Pontiacs GTOs. The column reported the GTS has a 402BHP, 5.7l V-8 with a 6-spd manual transmission.

What is your opinion of the performance and reliability of those two models? Which is the better car in your opinion.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
karmuze said:

The Feb 18th AUTOWEEK had a blip on General Motors newly hired 'car guy'-Bob Lutz- taking a trip to OZ to study the possiblity of importing the Holden GTS coupe or the Monaro into the US, badged as Pontiacs GTOs. The column reported the GTS has a 402BHP, 5.7l V-8 with a 6-spd manual transmission.

What is your opinion of the performance and reliability of those two models? Which is the better car in your opinion.
Ummm, i'm not a big fan of Holden vehicles. But if it helps, the Holden Special Vehicle (HSV) models imported into the UK are supposed to compete with the 5 series BMW.
In Oz, that would be seen as something of a joke.

Performance and General reliability is fine. Build quality has never been a strong point. And depreciation of those cars here is amazing. If you listen carefully you can almost hear them.........

If your interested, you'd best have a drive

cheers

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem very imminent, that the GTS or Monaro will arrive in the US, as Lutz was just recently on his first fact finding trip to oz. However, I am hopeful that something useful will come from his interest in performance cars. The US buyer has been locked out of the market for some fine foreign performance cars like Nissan Skyline GT-R, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's, Lotus Elise & Exige, Porsche GT2, etc. for a long time. Now it looks like that may change with the possible import of the Lancer VII, Elise, Alfa Romeo, Maserati and others over the next couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts