MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received two tickets from BMW today for the Melbourne Motor Show also saying there is a Mini Cooper S funtion on Friday 1st March from 6.00pm to 8.00pm and is invitation only.

So who is going? - should we meet up?

Andy:D :D :D :D :D

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Andy, I'll be there at 6. I'll have a MINI lapel badge on.

You'll find me hovering around the 'S'(s) with a camera.

It will be interesting to see how many 'S -list' people will be there, and compare positions on the lists... ...and delivery charges.

Regards, Eltel

·
I am Jacks wasted life
557 Posts
oooh cooper S in melbourne eh?

whens the show running from/till and where etc
i might fly down for the day from sydney to have a gander :)

cant do it over F1 weekend but if its on the week after i'll definitely go have a look :))

bmw sent me free tix for the sydney show.. i wonder if i cant swing the same from them again? :)
haha

does any1 in Aus know when we'll have a cooper S in dealers to test drive?.. as pumped as i am to get one.. i couldnt order one not having driven it :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Melbourne show starts Thursday 28 Feb and the last day is Monday 11 March.

I have been informed that the S should be available in May for test drive.

Have you had a test drive of the cooper?

Andy

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
FLiPSiDE said:
oooh cooper S in melbourne eh?

whens the show running from/till and where etc
i might fly down for the day from sydney to have a gander :)

cant do it over F1 weekend but if its on the week after i'll definitely go have a look :))

bmw sent me free tix for the sydney show.. i wonder if i cant swing the same from them again? :)
haha

does any1 in Aus know when we'll have a cooper S in dealers to test drive?.. as pumped as i am to get one.. i couldnt order one not having driven it :)

Jeez you'd want to hurry up mate. I registered my interest July 1999, put a deposit down on 12 Nov 2001, and my 'S' is due in Nov 2002.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy at BMW said there will be about 80 people at a time viewing the S and they are going to start it up.
See you there at 6 .

Andy

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
MINICS said:
The guy at BMW said there will be about 80 people at a time viewing the S and they are going to start it up.
See you there at 6 .

Andy
That I would like to hear, any chance you could record it?

Cheers

LMB:)

·
I am Jacks wasted life
557 Posts
jeeezus that long a wait? christ.. im pumped.. but waiting a year for a car? god damn..
well looks like im going 2 see a dealer this weekend
haha do they even have option lists or anything.. gaaah im gonna go mad

so just making sure its definite theres a cooper S at the melb motor show?

im there! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drinks

Eltel,

If you wish to catch up for drinks after I won't have the kids with me only the wife!!!

Andy

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Re: Drinks

MINICS said:
Eltel,

If you wish to catch up for drinks after I won't have the kids with me only the wife!!!

Andy

Andy that would be fine with me. I'll be on my lonesome, wife staying home. I'm booked in for the 6pm party, but I might stay for the 7pm party too, if I can beat the security.

Spending just one hour with an 'S' may not be enough if there are 79 other people trying to sit in it. That's just 45 seconds per person. Unless we are quick we'll probably miss out.

Let's see how it pans out. Would like to meet you and your lovely wife.

Regards, ElTel

·
I am Jacks wasted life
557 Posts
eltel said:

Jeez you'd want to hurry up mate. I registered my interest July 1999, put a deposit down on 12 Nov 2001, and my 'S' is due in Nov 2002.

took your advice.. and went and ordered one today.. but mine's comming in september apparently..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts