MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of overhauling the driver's seat in an 06 R53 Cooper S. The seat is moving slightly under acceleration and breaking and it is a bit annoying. I've checked the floor fixings and they are sound. I can only guess that the seat position mechanism has worn over time with cornering and g-forces. I want to strip out the seat and check for wear and replace parts if necessary. Is this possible or do you have to replace the whole frame. I don't have a workshop manual but will no doubt have to buy one soon. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have any experience of overhauling the driver's seat in an 06 R53 Cooper S. The seat is moving slightly under acceleration and breaking and it is a bit annoying. I've checked the floor fixings and they are sound. I can only guess that the seat position mechanism has worn over time with cornering and g-forces. I want to strip out the seat and check for wear and replace parts if necessary. Is this possible or do you have to replace the whole frame. I don't have a workshop manual but will no doubt have to buy one soon. Thanks in advance for any pointers.
I appreciate I am responding to a post that's 4 years old but for anybody else looking for info, I hope this helps.

I had the same issue with the seat moving under acceleration. While the fixing to the floor was good, when I removed the seat, it was clear that the ratcheting mechanism was loose. I was able to get a torx bit (T27 I think but don't quote me) through the rail and tighten up the bolts, as seen in this photo.

Once I reinstalled the seat, it was problem solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts