MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls.

Well just a small amount of advice needed from the mini gods out there. We have an 2002 Blue Chili Pack Cooper, it has half leather, fr fogs, panoramic roof, 16inch alloys etc. After near 3 yrs of ownership I want to dress the car up a little now. My partner loves the car and it is a great example so selling it to buy another is out of the question so i thought i would dress it up a little with a S kit.

Now, does the kit consist of the following?
Fr bumper, bonnet, side vents, side skirts, rr bumper, centre exhaust, 17inch wheels.

Have i left anything out from that list, ive thrawed ebay and have found all the parts but i want to make sure i have all the stuff prior to painting and fitting.

Thanks for you help guys.

Ryan.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Hi Ryan,

I put the Cooper S bumpers, S side skirts, S filler cap, R90 replica 17" alloys and aero spoiler on my Old One and it looked amazing IMO. I personally wouldn't bother with the bonnet, S side indicators and the centre exhaust but thats my personal opinion to keep it non S but a funked up One/Cooper.

You can see pics of my old One in my gallery. Click on the galleries section above and search through MINI2 members gallery for mine. The best pics are on the 2nd page.

Good luck!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I agree to not bother with the bonnet too, too much "wannabe", also indicators go aftermarket if you want, I hate to see S badges on cars that aren't.

Also, speak to your insurance before going ahead, they may not like it.

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper (with side exit trim), fuel filler and a grille if you can get it. i dont think coopers should have the bonnet (because its a functional part of the S more than styling) or the vents (as they have s on it).

as for wheels I would go for 17s with normal tyres as you probably wouldnt feel much difference in ride if you are currently running 16s run flats and they look better imo.

lasty eibach springs are cheap and would make it handle and look a lot better!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Exactly what I thought Paul. I even used my old One kick plates on the S skirts as I didn't want to be a wannabe - just prefered the S styling to the Ones.

My insurance company was fine with my mods just charged me slightly more for my bigger wheels. Got everything added though. Got to.

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
I'm with Laura. On the early coopers the Aero kit would look great (front & Rear bumpers, side skirts and aero grille). Certainly wouldnt bother with the bonnet that should be for S's only IMO
S Fuel flap always looks really cool too and is quite a cheap mod

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a mini one with cooper s front and rear bumpers and skirts (side exit exhaust), 18'' R90 replicas, Works grill and its lowered. I think it looks great and i dont see any need to change the bonnet or side repeater grills. The chrome filler cap is a matter of opinion, many people love it but i personally arent that fussed for it, I prefer the more streamlined look of the standard item

I prefer the cooper s kit on a mini one/cooper to the aero kit and if you get the parts off ebay you can get them for under £100, easy to fit them too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts