MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

had a problem with my Mini Cooper 2007 last weekend with it overheating outside the blackwall tunnell. Really annoyed and it is in the garage getting fixed at the moment.

The loan car is a 57 reg Cooper which has some subtle differences which I am intrigued about.

1. Petrol Low comes up at 50 miles rather than on mine it comes up as 70 miles (can this be changed?)
2. The doors auto lock at 10mph, my mates old Mini One did this but my Cooper doesn't do this. Can this be turned on?

Last one is something I am aware of. The auto engine cut out when stopped, I found it really annoying I have to say. I think this came in as part of the 57 reg Minis.

Sam

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
i think the petrol low indicator comes on when the fuel gauge drops to two bars and turns red (8 litres remaining in a cooper) - the 50 miles remaining rather than your 70 is probably due to the loan car having been raked "it's not *my* car so i don't care" so the average mpg is lower...

auto lock can be turned on... you'll have to read the manual i think because it's tricky to explain (well i had to have the manual on my knees when i was setting up all of the user profile stuff! - maybe that's because i'm a girl!!)

you can turn off the auto engine cutout... middle button in front of the gear lever. personally i love the idea of not burning fuel when sat in traffic... but each to their own

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, the MPG thingy makes sense actually. Since I have got my car back (the fan actually kicks in now!!!!) the warning light hasn't come on until 50 miles

I have found the setting for Auto Lock in the menu, which makes me feel far more at ease after being a victim of road rage in the past!!

Cheers for the help!

Sam

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the MPG thingy makes sense actually. Since I have got my car back (the fan actually kicks in now!!!!) the warning light hasn't come on until 50 miles

I have found the setting for Auto Lock in the menu, which makes me feel far more at ease after being a victim of road rage in the past!!

Cheers for the help!

Sam
You shoud off got out and kick him in the nuts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts