MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya can anyone help me i have got a mini cooper and i want to put a body kit on it but this bodykit has got a central exhaust fittin,mine is at the side can anyone tell me what i need to do also ive been looking at the brutus wide ibherdesign kit as anyone fitted one of these are they any good as ive been told not to buy fibreglass also do cooper s kits fit on a cooper if not whats different.as u might have guessed i havnt got the foggiest.thanku.:confused:

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Hey. Welcome to MINI2.

What year is you MINI? as you say bodykit i'm guessing R50/R53 (2001-2006) as there are not many kits for the new ones.

The Cooper S bumpers/bodykit will fit a non-s however, you will need to get a cooper s exhaust. you can either get one off ebay (a standard one) or you can go to someone like powerflow or magnaflow and get a custom made exhaust put in the centre. however, if its the standard cooper s bumper you want to put on your cooper, the black un-painted trim comes off and you can replace it with your original cooper one.

fibreglass isnt really the best, as usually there is alot of work getting it to actually fit the car because of small variations.

oh...and i would go for a zeemax kit...really different but classy!

http://www.zeemax.com/BmwMini.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cooper

hiya ive got a 54 plate mini the facelift model thanku for replying.i really wanted to know about the brutus ibherdesign kit as ive got the chance to buy one.:)

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
hiya ive got a 54 plate mini the facelift model thanku for replying.i really wanted to know about the brutus ibherdesign kit as ive got the chance to buy one.:)
oh okay fair enough. you will need a lot of bodywork and a full re-spray to get it on as the wide arches are blended into the bodywork. As far as the exhaust goes - as i siad above, you can either go for a standard one off ebay or get a custom one - i think a custom one would be betther coz then you can get the right tips, bore size etc. if you want more advice about bodywork/kits/paint etc register on midzmodified.com, there are alot of people with show cars on there who have alot of good advice about stuff like this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts