MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was hoping someone could re assure me or even advice me....

I have a countryman which was purchased new in 2016.

Over the past few days I have experienced that once I turn the engine off, the fan is still running for around 15 minutes, and then it settles down. During this time when the fan is still running, if I try to start up my car it takes 2/3 attempts and the engine does that stalling noise. However if the fan is off and I try start up, I’m fine
I have a service booked for Saturday, however I’m concerned about the car as that is a week awake.

Does anyone know what this could be? And does anyone know how to check the engine temperature on this car?
Thank you for your help and I look forward to your help!!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Hello all, I was hoping someone could re assure me or even advice me....

I have a countryman which was purchased new in 2016.

Over the past few days I have experienced that once I turn the engine off, the fan is still running for around 15 minutes, and then it settles down. During this time when the fan is still running, if I try to start up my car it takes 2/3 attempts and the engine does that stalling noise. However if the fan is off and I try start up, I’m fine
I have a service booked for Saturday, however I’m concerned about the car as that is a week awake.

Does anyone know what this could be? And does anyone know how to check the engine temperature on this car?
Thank you for your help and I look forward to your help!!
sounds to me like the temperature sensor on the thermostat housing has gone faulty. or 02 sensor might be faulty, it needs to be scanned with good diagnostics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts