MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I haven’t had my car for long and bought it from a private sale (full main dealer history) last week it misfired twice and then stalled at the lights (- it’s an automatic so not me!). I decided to wait a few days to see if this continued and it didn’t for 2 days, then on the 3rd day it did it again but stalled 3 times at idle. No fault showed up at all on the system for me.
I asked my local garage to have a look , they couldn’t replicate the problem and said no faults were showing on the diagnostics not even old ones!!

any ideas what it could be please? I am concerned in case it is the timing chain- would this show as a fault if it is starting to fail?

I thought I better add I am new to this site and new to owning a BMW mini ( I had 2 of the originals back in the day!) and I am not technical car savvy so please make it simple for me 😀

thank you

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Hi I haven’t had my car for long and bought it from a private sale (full main dealer history) last week it misfired twice and then stalled at the lights (- it’s an automatic so not me!). I decided to wait a few days to see if this continued and it didn’t for 2 days, then on the 3rd day it did it again but stalled 3 times at idle. No fault showed up at all on the system for me.
I asked my local garage to have a look , they couldn’t replicate the problem and said no faults were showing on the diagnostics not even old ones!!

any ideas what it could be please? I am concerned in case it is the timing chain- would this show as a fault if it is starting to fail?

I thought I better add I am new to this site and new to owning a BMW mini ( I had 2 of the originals back in the day!) and I am not technical car savvy so please make it simple for me 😀

thank you
honestly so many things can cause such issues , live data would be my first port of call ie garages have diagnostics tools that can watch the sensors etc and might find something playing up,, what miles has it done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly so many things can cause such issues , live data would be my first port of call ie garages have diagnostics tools that can watch the sensors etc and might find something playing up,, what miles has it done
It’s done 70k miles
The garage has run diagnostics and no fault is showing up!

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
what fuel you using you should really run it on super unleaded

1 - 4 of 4 Posts