MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am trying to narrow down a problem which is bringing up half engine limp home fault. The fault code is 2C01 fault High Pressure fuel plausibility pressure too low. Entire change if fuel pump £1k plus. It only seems to do it when started cold and often disappears after been running a while or if switched off and on again. Any suggestions from anyone with similar which resolved it would be great. Afraid lady owner without a clue! Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
I have had this problem with frequent limp mode occurring, possibly no need to change whole fuel pump. On my mini clubman cooper diesel I got a suction control valve from ebay for £39.99 (suction control valve fits onto the fuel pump and governs it) swapped them over and now car running much better with no limp mode. Only takes half an hour to do. Only tool required is a 25 torc screwdriver (star shaped one). Need to disconnect battery before you start, remove large black plastic air filter housing,just unclips. Unclip sensor undo three torc screws and replace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts