MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes - we did the 48hr test drive in an Exclusive which was my preferred choice but the savings on a nearly new SE Chilli convinced me otherwise - funny enough we averaged 52 and 54 mpg the 2 days we had it and I thought mine wasn't doing as well so it could be battery size or just different journey profiles - time will tell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jags - have you noticed much difference between the batteries in EV range?
Hi. I've only had the new car a few days so it's early to tell but so far it does seem to be around 30% as expected. In the summer I was averaging around 20m per full charge on Max E-Drive but that dropped to around 15 in the colder weather even with pre-climatising. With the improved battery I'm back to seeing around 20 miles in the cold weather which is great because my weekday journey is around 19m so I'm back to not having to use petrol most days.

Charging is also increased by the same amount. My car starts charging at 12:30am when our low rate electricity starts and where previously that would finish around 3:45am, it now finishes around 4:45am.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh I like the sound of the better winter range - that would be enough to see me into the local town to shop and leave around 25% charge. On the free chargers in town I could doing shopping and have enough charge to get home whereas in cold weather I cannot even get to town on pure electric in the 2019 Model I have at the moment.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I asked my local dealer if the PHEV might get the same battery pack as the forthcoming BEV / 100% electric powered Mini that they have been trying to get me to order. 150 miles electric range + petrol engine would be very handy and I could do quite a few journies without ever using any petrol!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Off topic Tim but how do I change my "Landy" message on profile as now needs updated?
I’ve never tried to update my profile but it looks like if you tap on the box with the photo of your car/ avatar on the top tool bar it opens a new page where there is a text box at the bottom........... might be worth asking a moderator. I rarely look at any sections other than the Countryman section so there could be posts already ask the same in another section. One thing I find annoying with this forum is once I make a post I cannot edit that post if I see spelling or text mistakes.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pm'd the management and now sorted thanks?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Have had this reply about the new larger battery from the salesman I deal with at the local Mini centre
”I have driven one of the new models and I have to say, it felt more like the countryman model I drive than the previous version of the PHEV. I don't even know how to fully explain it, other than it feels more grounded in handling, with a larger capacity charge.
The upgraded batteries are currently in production, so anything built from I believe August onward should have the new set up. “

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having driven two identical cars with each spec I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference in the handling or driving experience between them other than the additional range. It could have been anything from driving mode to tyre choice I guess.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts