MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 Mini Cooper SD coupe That I bought in the summer from my regular dealer but it has started to smell of damp and wanted to know if anyone has the same problem. Also, there is condensation on the inside of the windscreen on damp mornings which you would expect but this does seem a bit excessive. Any one have any suggestions as to what could be causing it??

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
As well as leaks of rain from outside, look for leaks from the heater - I've seen forum comments elsewhere about this causing similar problems - but 2012 seems much too young for the heater matrix to have rusted out. Any chance someone has removed it and not put it back correctly? A similar dampness source might be if the drain from the air conditioner was letting condensate into the car rather than draining it outside - whenever the air conditioner is on it will be condensing water out of the incoming air, even if that air is then heated up to supply the cabin with warm air in winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mni leaks

I've got a 2012 Mini Cooper SD coupe That I bought in the summer from my regular dealer but it has started to smell of damp and wanted to know if anyone has the same problem. Also, there is condensation on the inside of the windscreen on damp mornings which you would expect but this does seem a bit excessive. Any one have any suggestions as to what could be causing it??
Only saw this post now but issue presumably resolved. My 2012 had water trickling into the boot from a disconnected watet drainage pipe leading from the spoiler housing.

Clearly a design fault to have a pipe that managed to disconnect itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts