MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lovin it
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I thought I would pass on some feedback about my MINI buying experience. I shopped around for some time looking at different dealers within a 200 mile radius. My home city, Austin doesn't have a MINI dealership yet but I'm told we will just don't know when. San Antonio is the closet dealer to me and is about 50 miles away. I went down to the dealership and test drove an 05 S and had a blast. I have placed an order for an 05 S HB/W and have found everyone at the dealership to be incredibly helpful and friendly. If you are looking for a dealership that will treat you right give Susie at the MINI Center in San Antonio, TX a call.

Susie has been extrememly helpful and puts up with all of my questions about the status of my order.

Bob

·
Registered
27 Posts
Didn't use to be that way...

The san antonio dealer :bad::bad::bad::bad:ed me off so bad i flew to dallas to Moritz Mini and drove an 05 MCS back. The S.A. dealer told me no one in the U.S. had taken deliveries yet, plus the guy was a real :bad::bad::bad::bad:, probably didn't think i had any money. Anyways, found out that dude is in Iraq now and his wife took over, Susie, apparently she is nicer. I would have to recommend Moritz or Momentum in Houston. I loathe even having to take my car in for warrantty work to San Antonio MINI. Sorry to be a downer, by the way having a mini in downtown Austin is bad ass, i'm parking where i'd never thought i'd park before. :eb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was told that they built one over a year ago, but they didn't go through w/ the licensing from BMW, or something to that effect. They thought that MINI's were just a passing fad, so they dropped the deal. Big mistake in my opinion, there are enough hippies in austin to support 2 MINI dealerships. I got this info from the lady in MINI service @ S.A but she could be a damned liar, she already lied to me when she said they would get my MCS fixed, when they actually made it worse :mad:

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Interesting...

I am currently in the process of receiving an '05 MCS in about 16 days from the MINI Center. My MA is Alex has he has been great! He is very responsive, but does not always answer my questions regarding the MINI. But with that said, I throw a million questions at him quite often, so I cannot expect him to address them all! ;) He has a job do to with other customers as well!
I am purchasing the car from out of state, the MINI Center is even collecting and remitting all appropriate taxes/fees for registering the car in Arizona. That is great! Allows me to enjoy motoring around town instead of sitting in line writing checks. Alex is even looking around to see if he can get me a better deal on shipping the MINI from SA, TX to Phx, AZ.
With that said, I cannot complain at this time. Except for the fact that it takes 4 months to get my MINI! *Currently sobbing*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.