MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
On 24-05-2001 18:31 rwmatson wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the heads up! Let us know what the quality of the car is when you receive it.
I think the Solido is generally a very good model – nicely made with a good paint and great detailing.

However, there are several design faults I've noticed. (Being really nitpicky), here they are:

1. The Solido is missing the huge strip of chrome trim separating the body of the MINI from the car’s greenhouse (a classic Mini feature from the Riley Elf). This chrome really should have been included in the finished model as it adds so much to the appearance of the car.

2. Besides the regular horizontal bars on the upper front grill, the Solido also has prominent vertical bars - where did they get that idea? The vertical bars may be there on the actual cars, but they are not usually visible.

3. The rear brake calipers are on the forward-facing part of the rear disks, not toward the back of the model as they are on the real MINI. It looks like they used the same hubs for the model front and rear.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
i just got my model on friday, and not counting a paint smudge that i removed with an eraser, the model looks great...
it is too bad the hatch doesn't open though :( oh well at least i got one

scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts