MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just looking through the mini brochure I picked up at the Toronto Autoshow and it seems that us Canadians have an option for the minidisc. Glad to see they are getting with the times. Now if only they would stop making tape players! haha.

I am really happy about all the options that Canada is getting standard on our minis. I was really wondering why the price seemed a little higher than I had thought it would be but its nice to know we have all these extra options as standard. Lets us know where added costs are coming from.

J

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CD is standard equipment from what the brochure says. I thought I heard that the US wasn't making the MiniDisc available

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I am not sure if the MD deck will be available for the US-bound MINIs. AFAIK, the BMWs in the US aren't equipped with the MD option (do BMWs in Canada have the MD option?). So hopefully they will have it for the US Coopers or I will have to look for a way to source a MINI MD player from Canada.

·
Registered
224 Posts
KarmanS said:
I am not sure if the MD deck will be available for the US-bound MINIs. AFAIK, the BMWs in the US aren't equipped with the MD option (do BMWs in Canada have the MD option?). So hopefully they will have it for the US Coopers or I will have to look for a way to source a MINI MD player from Canada.
KarmanS

I would like to know what you find out. I have talked to my dealer about any chance of us getting them(SLIM) I would guess, but I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Also, are the euoprean market MD players for the Mini MDLP?

Daniel

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
CSDan said:

KarmanS
I would like to know what you find out. I have talked to my dealer about any chance of us getting them(SLIM) I would guess, but I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Daniel
Daniel, I will try to find out from my dealer once the MINIs begin to arrive at the dealership (hopefully by that time he will be well informed to answer everything I ask too! :) ) For the time being, I am most likely going towards the aftermarket route for a decent MD player (maybe Sony or Kenwood). I'll probably not bother with a search until my Cooper S reception date nears. Do keep me posted on what you find out. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts