MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been advised by BMW/MINI that there are a couple of spots left for the Sept 29 Wed sessions at Sandown. If you're interested give them a call.

From their publicity (please note that there is a morning and an afternoon session - the following relates to the morning session)
The day will commence at 8.30 am with a light breakfast in the BMW hospitality area, followed by a theory presentation and safety briefing. All practical exercises will be completed in the latest MINI Cooper S from the dedicated BMW Driver Training fleet.

It is recommended that participants dress appropriately (clothing and footwear) to ensure optimum comfort on the track and in variable outdoor conditions. Work boots, hiking shoes and shoes with wide soles are not recommended.

Food and beverages will be provided throughout the day. A debriefing session including presentation of certificates will take place at approximately 12.30 pm, thus completing the day of training.

Generally, poor weather conditions will not interfere with the day's training and courses will continue to run unless participants are advised otherwise.

Call MINI on 1800 682 385 and ask for Driver Training bookings. The cost for the 1/2 day session is $395.

·
MCSJCW
1,667 Posts
Last time they matched you with what type of car you had, as I drive a JCW, Poki nd I were in that. I think I have almost conned her into JCW.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
If anybody askes ... I've got stealth JCW:p I want to test a JCW around a track if Im gonna buy one...

If things keep going well at work, I might have one by the end of January anyway:D

Todd

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My son and I are doing the morning session. Looks like Todd and Mickey won't have any tread on their tyres for the afternoon session. :D:D:D

Due to the smallish numbers, we'll get maximum track time with one on one training. And all we can eat, too. mmmmm

·
10,324 Posts
Daaammmnnn... we get the cooked clutches and fading brakes!! :eek:

8:30am at Sandown is like 5am for the alarm clock!! I didnt want to drive through peak hour traffic, have the possibility of a hold up etc... :(

Coming from Geelong... this was an important factor for me!!:p

Plus, I get a few extra hours of sleep :)

Besides, they say your body is at its optimum for physical activity between 1 - 3pm... just in time for the hot laps :D

I CANT WAIT :redblack:

Todd

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Are there still spots available? I'm thinking of asking for this for my birthday, and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Mini owners (I'm only new here :))

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Baker said:
Are there still spots available?
eltel said:
Just been advised by BMW/MINI that there are a couple of spots left for the Sept 29 Wed sessions at Sandown. If you're interested give them a call.

Call MINI on 1800 682 385 and ask for Driver Training bookings.
You'll have to call them to find out.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I just had a thought.... (yes, there's a first time for everything)... if we get brand new cars, by the time we do the training they'll probably be '05 cars :)

·
10,324 Posts
With LSD's!! :D

Cool and JCW suspension upgrades!! Maybe even the seats!!

We should all have thoughs some times:p

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
OMGWTFBBQ:p

They cancelled the afternoon session :eek:

* apparantly they double booked sandown for the afternoon - me thinks there wasnt enough interest:rolleyes: - nobody double books BMW Australia:bad:

So I have to join the morning session or rebook next time...

I decided to go with the morning session - hope that is OK by you Micky?

I told them to contact you to see what you said then get back to me... no contact yet:(

Who wants to come out to take photos?;)

Only 27 days to go!! - but who's counting:p

Todd

P.S - the guy told me that it was at Philip Island - I was excited but thought "how the hell would I get there at 8:30 in the morning!?!" He called me back and confirmed Sandown -so now I have to get up at 5 instead of 3:30:p

·
10,324 Posts
Now we dont have to worry about getting the cars "pre-thrashed" by Eltel:p

I'm looking forward to being showed the correct driving manouvers - I've been winging it up until now:D

Anybody else in this session?

Todd

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm really looking forward to this now. There'll be someone that I know there, and that's always good.

I'd say that we'll be getting fairly new cars, as they have just moved two MCSs, one of them the JCW, out of their fleet.

Hope that they are 05 cars. I'd like to get a closer look at one.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
12 Participants
Todd!
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing