MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Toy Kahuna
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilemma, I am planning on a 15% Pulley for my MCS 03', and would also probably do an ALTA intake. I asked my dealer what would happen to my warranty as the car only has 6K miles on it. The dealer indicated that the Motor would not be covered under the warranty.

Is it just me or am I crazy to sacrifice the warranty and extended warranty that I purchased? Has anyone run into any issues with aftermarket mods relative to the Factory warranty?

PinCity

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think that it is pretty standard that any attempted claim for repairs involving a modified component will be denied. So any engine mod could void any claim for engine or drive train repairs. Kinda makes sense for the warranty company, as they have to draw the line somewhere. But it really stinks for those of us who enjoy doing a little tweaking. That's one more reason I'm not fond of the extended warranties.

Now, I have yet to take delivery of my MCS....will warranty concerns keep it stock? hmmm...probably not. :D

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
As I understand it, the warranty is only void if they can prove that the modification is the source of the problem. Your CAI is not going to make your oil pump shaft shear...(for example)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts