MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***Happy Post Alert***

Just to please some people on this site who only like the happy posts.... Here's one.

I drove the Toyota MR2 last week and Volkswagen Lupo GTi today, both of them would be a great second best to the MINI, even with all the problems I've had or am having. That's what they would be, second best.

The MR2s steering is very overpowered, I like the weight of MINIs steering and the sense of contact with the road, knowing where the car is going next. It is very basic inside and does not feel like £6000 more car.

The Lupo GTi, seems to have a great engine but the suspension is way too soft compared to the SSP on my MINI. I like feeling the bumps and throwing the car into corners and roundabouts without it feeling like it will topple over or sail off in the wrong direction. It feels cheap any tacky inside in comparison to the MINI. Even though it has much more design to it than most small cars... I do like the twin centre exit exhaust though.

Apart from the 'Faults', I can't fault the MINI. I was glad to get back into it after the test drive today and threw it at full speed into the next corner I hit without worry, the car can handle it. I can't think of any other car I'd rather have now...

For that reason, I will still own a MINI, probably not the one I have now but a new one and definately from a different dealer (our favourite NW Coastal Dealer ;) ). Spec still undecided, depends on whether BMW will contribute and how nice the loan people are :)

In case you think the Martians have got to me and wiped my brain... They haven't. If you have a problem with your car, try to test drive something else, it'll probably put it all into perspective..

MINI IS THE BEST LITTLE CAR AVAILABLE....

MINI takes on Lupo GTi and Toyota MR2, wins... THE END.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
R1 POSTED Keep pushing for a new MINI. They are getting better! I think you will be pleased with the test in the Lupo GTi, but when the shines gone, it just isn't a MINI! ;)
Don't want to say "told you so" but, "told you so!" :D
cmt, my posts are objective because I tested loads of cars before buying a MINI.;)
Welcome back to the "stupid grin" club mate. :D :D :D

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Cmt does this mean your a nearly a happy MINI cooper owner then.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh dear Mr Bill are we going to get something positive from you,but I wont hold my breath waiting.:p :p :p

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Col,

Whatever you decide (with or without MINI), remember you are always welcome here.

Glad to hear you have not given up on the MINI. I bet Sonya is pleased about that too. :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
dinger said:
Cmt does this mean your a nearly a happy MINI cooper owner then.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh dear Mr Bill are we going to get something positive from you,but I wont hold my breath waiting.:p :p :p
I did get a laugh out of him in one thread dinger.....it was after I posted this as a possible car that would suit him.......apologise cmt to your thread. Congratulations on loving your MINI. I'm sure i'll come around and stay there soon.......:)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOO HOO!!!!!!

Nice One Colin,Nice One Son,Nice One Colin Let's Order Another One( well actually a Cooper!!!!!!)

Welcome back to the world of MINI!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I hope this is the right decision.....

My new car is now ordered ( :) , I hope)
Spec is pretty short really....
Cooper black (solid), white roof, mirror caps and wheels
White bonnet stripes
ASC+T
Chili Pack.
Red/Black Half leather interior.

Hopefully this spec list will grow longer if Mr BMW is willing to help out as a sort of apology (or I find a lot of money down the back of the sofa), I'll find out tomorrow when I ring them, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way I am now rid of Ian Anthony/Williams (Bolton) and with Derek Woodman MINI in Blackpool (Free Plug ;) ).
Thanks Neo for all your help. (and good luck with the Finance ;) )

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Cmt,nice spec you never know they might throw in the 17" alloys and even a cd multi changer and a multi funtion steering wheel for good measure.

Did neo say anything about my 5% commission though cmt.:D :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh, he said that you weren't getting it!!! :D :D :) ;)

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
cmt said:
yeh, he said that you weren't getting it!!! :D :D :) ;)

Neo was'nt referring to my clear lights by mistake was he cmt,then I wonder what will come first the lights or the cheque.!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Now, who would work at a dealership like this :confused: :confused:

David......it's over to you..... :D :D :D :D

Attachments

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I part-exed the old car. I got what I consider a reasonable price... Much better than the £9500 I was offered by my current dealer, via Toyota... (but I am hoping that BMW will contribute some options as I can't afford them with all the negative equity I have now, we'll see tomorrow).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have you posted on the dealers forum? Give prospective buyers a place to find a decent dealer ......and allows a liitle payback to those dealers who aren't doing their job well enough.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Mini_me said:
Have you posted on the dealers forum? Give prospective buyers a place to find a decent dealer ......and allows a liitle payback to those dealers who aren't doing their job well enough.
Very good point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts