MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after a fantastic time at the Harewood VW festival this weekend, we've just booked our tickets to The Mini Festival at Oulton Park on Saturday :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What happens at car meets I have never been to one??
Depending on the type of meet, showing of the cars, trade tents, drooling over modified cars if that's your thing, friendly banter with fellow enthusiasts, a general good time. Even better when your part of a Mini club run to the event and own the road in a convoy of Mini's :)

·
Sour Mash
1,318 Posts
Depending on the type of meet, showing of the cars, trade tents, drooling over modified cars if that's your thing, friendly banter with fellow enthusiasts, a general good time. Even better when your part of a Mini club run to the event and own the road in a convoy of Mini's :)
Sounds cool!!

Recently I was at a gathering of (mostly old but a few "Mini2s") Minis at a hotel in Cobham, Surrey. About 20-30 Minis there was very cool to look round. The owners were not there though, probably in the hotel/restaurant. I parked my mini in the visitor car park was a bit shy :big_grin: but it was great to see them all.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sounds cool!!

Recently I was at a gathering of (mostly old but a few "Mini2s") Minis at a hotel in Cobham, Surrey. About 20-30 Minis there was very cool to look round. The owners were not there though, probably in the hotel/restaurant. I parked my mini in the visitor car park was a bit shy :big_grin: but it was great to see them all.
Just had out AGM for the club today, started with a nice jaunt up a twisty road to a look out and a twisty downhill with 15kph hairpins on the way to the meeting and lunch with raffles for Mini merchandise. A good day out and 2 packets of Minis with about 15 per packet so when we pull into a carpark with both groups it turns a lot of heads :) Club is a mixture of social drives, race team (track days), show cars and a mix of DIY mechanics. If I can find the time for the race days I normally pit crew and a car I kept in a race with zip ties 2 years ago finally had new gear shift cables fitted last week so the zip ties held for almost 2 years on a track car :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts