MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after a fantastic time at the Harewood VW festival this weekend, we've just booked our tickets to The Mini Festival at Oulton Park on Saturday :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What happens at car meets I have never been to one??
Depending on the type of meet, showing of the cars, trade tents, drooling over modified cars if that's your thing, friendly banter with fellow enthusiasts, a general good time. Even better when your part of a Mini club run to the event and own the road in a convoy of Mini's :)

·
Sour Mash
1,287 Posts
Depending on the type of meet, showing of the cars, trade tents, drooling over modified cars if that's your thing, friendly banter with fellow enthusiasts, a general good time. Even better when your part of a Mini club run to the event and own the road in a convoy of Mini's :)
Sounds cool!!

Recently I was at a gathering of (mostly old but a few "Mini2s") Minis at a hotel in Cobham, Surrey. About 20-30 Minis there was very cool to look round. The owners were not there though, probably in the hotel/restaurant. I parked my mini in the visitor car park was a bit shy :big_grin: but it was great to see them all.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sounds cool!!

Recently I was at a gathering of (mostly old but a few "Mini2s") Minis at a hotel in Cobham, Surrey. About 20-30 Minis there was very cool to look round. The owners were not there though, probably in the hotel/restaurant. I parked my mini in the visitor car park was a bit shy :big_grin: but it was great to see them all.
Just had out AGM for the club today, started with a nice jaunt up a twisty road to a look out and a twisty downhill with 15kph hairpins on the way to the meeting and lunch with raffles for Mini merchandise. A good day out and 2 packets of Minis with about 15 per packet so when we pull into a carpark with both groups it turns a lot of heads :) Club is a mixture of social drives, race team (track days), show cars and a mix of DIY mechanics. If I can find the time for the race days I normally pit crew and a car I kept in a race with zip ties 2 years ago finally had new gear shift cables fitted last week so the zip ties held for almost 2 years on a track car :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Milpol
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing